Sunday bass outing on the Willy!

EOBOY
EOBOY
The FishWhisperer and I are going out Sunday on the Willy. We are Launching from 6 miles above Roger's Landing. I am scouting the Launch this week. It may only be for Toons or yaks or canoes; boats maybe depending on condition of launch.(report to follow). It is not on the map. We are planing on meeting at Rogers at 7 am. If you want to join us let us know. Of course we are looking for BASS!

EOBOY

M
Modest_Man
San Salvador? It's got a "boat" launch but at low flows it sucks for a real boat. I've launched a 23' sled there a few times. Definitely don't leave any valuables in your rig.

EDIT: If you haven't already seen it the Willamette River Recreation Guide has all the info you need on launches on the Willamette.

Last edited:
EOBOY
EOBOY
Modest_man it is a private launch below San Sal behind a locked gate so no problem with thieves and have been told it may not take a boat so that is why I'm checking it out this week it may depending on water level. But have been told toons and yaks are no problem.

M
Modest_Man
Ah yeah, the one directly across from the Yamhill.

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
I am so excited, looks like we are gonna have several days of warm weather in a row.. Mr. Smallmouth, here we come.

bass
bass
Fishwhisperer44 said:
I am so excited, looks like we are gonna have several days of warm weather in a row.. Mr. Smallmouth, here we come.

Definitely! The upcoming warming trend should have the bass going nuts.

C
Columbarius
Hey, I'm thinking of going out myself this weekend. I've been fishing here all year and I'm stumped; haven't caught a thing. If I went to the Wilamette what advice would you have? I'm bank only with a lighweight spinning rig.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Columbarius said:
Hey, I'm thinking of going out myself this weekend. I've been fishing here all year and I'm stumped; haven't caught a thing. If I went to the Wilamette what advice would you have? I'm bank only with a lighweight spinning rig.

Don't know where you're at but if you go from oregon city passed the falls about 4 or 5 miles up stream just before you go up the hill to candby there is a long pull off on the right side. Walk over the tracks and you'll see a slough walk up stream till you find a path there is more than one path. there are a few ponds there. And the slew paths will take you to the willy. The river flows through there when the water is high and leaves the ponds. It's kind of a neat place we used to call it Rock Island but there are a couple of rock Islands so don't get confused.

EO

C
Columbarius
I'm in Portland, but I'm willing to drive a bit for a chance. Thanks for the tip, I'm really impressed with all the great knowledge and advice on these threads.

EOBOY
EOBOY
I'v had my best luck there with 3" floating rapplas Blue and black or yellow Rooster tails. I'll try to get a google map location for you.

EO

Reactions: Columbarius
C
Columbarius
45.316357, -122.659213 - Is that the spot? I really appreciate the advice, sorry for jacking the thread.

EOBOY
EOBOY
yes thats it