Steelhead fishing!

S
SteeliPez89
How's it going for everyone? Ive posted about this before just never made it out west. I will be in Portland area and Astoria area march 24-27 and would love to do some steelhead river fishing maybe some coastal river fishing Is there any rivers right now with good steelhead fishing and what is the best fishing techniques to fish these rivers? if anyone has any advice I really do appreciate it thank you in advance for any help!

SteeliPez

P
pinstriper
There's lots and lots about it. Look at the Advanced Search box at the top right of the page. Found it ? OK, here's what you type in it:

TANNER

That'll take care of it.

W
waco
Get a hold of Tanner from Tanners guide service and enjoy fishing as is best here in Oregon!

Aervax
Aervax
ROFL LMAO!!! You're getting to be quite the subtle salesman these days, Tanner. How many beers you have tonight?

Aervax
Aervax
Now on a more serious note, if you have not fished for Steelhead and had success several times already it makes complete sense to hire a guide. Going the do-it-yourself method if you have not caught a couple already is the proverbial road to nowhere, unless you have several days of fishing time to crack the code and figure things out. Then you might get a bite if you're lucky, probably won't land it. Steelhead are called "The fish of 10,000 casts" for a reason. Working with a pro on your first outing will greatly increase your odds.

As far as guides go, I hate giving Tanner any more publicity than he's already getting on this site. However, the positive publicity has been well earned. He knows what he is doing, is laid back and easy going, and fun to fish with. Hire a guide, should be Tanner. You are going to have fun and catch fish.

Tanner. I will be looking for that bank transfer to arrive in my account by noon tomorrow.

Find search box and type in TANNER, my @#%! You are soooo not going to live that one down.

P
pinstriper
Yeah, pretty sure I'm not Tanner. Not even in disguise. We've been seen at the same place and time. Photos and everything.

O
OnTheDrop
Aervax said:
Now on a more serious note, if you have not fished for Steelhead and had success several times already it makes complete sense to hire a guide. Going the do-it-yourself method if you have not caught a couple already is the proverbial road to nowhere, unless you have several days of fishing time to crack the code and figure things out. Then you might get a bite if you're lucky, probably won't land it. Steelhead are called "The fish of 10,000 casts" for a reason. Working with a pro on your first outing will greatly increase your odds.

As far as guides go, I hate giving Tanner any more publicity than he's already getting on this site. However, the positive publicity has been well earned. He knows what he is doing, is laid back and easy going, and fun to fish with. Hire a guide, should be Tanner. You are going to have fun and catch fish.

Tanner. I will be looking for that bank transfer to arrive in my account by noon tomorrow.

Find search box and type in TANNER, my @#%! You are soooo not going to live that one down.

I think you over-dosed your medication Eric. Lol.

troutdude
troutdude
OnTheDrop said:
I think you over-dosed your medication Eric. Lol.

Or he's maybe OFF of his meds.

P.S. Leave it to the unOFFicial Mayor, of OFFsville, to put in a shameless plug <pun intended> for our forum.

Aervax
Aervax
Looking at my post now, trying to find an avenue for rapid back pedaling. All escape paths are closed. Haha. Okay then. "It must have been me going OFF my meds." That is the best I have.

Pinstriper, do I get any points at all for agreeing with your PLUGGING for Tanner? Looks like I am the one never living this one down. Help me out here Tanner.

J
Jlag
Funny Tanner gets so much love on this site. Every time I go with him we get skunked and I end up rowing the entire time......

O
OnTheDrop
Jlag said:
Funny Tanner gets so much love on this site. Every time I go with him we get skunked and I end up rowing the entire time......

Can we get an Official Ban on this Jlag troll?

Ha!

C
ChezJfrey
OnTheDrop said:
Can we get an Official Ban on this Jlag troll?

A very, very slow troll...less than one post per month. And apparently not a very good troll, with accusations of saint-hood and whatnot ;)

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Heres my endorsement of Tanner. Still in 1st place at Fishermans & Marine's Steelhead derby.
My BIG Fish.jpg

P
pinstriper
Hooked Up said:
Heres my endorsement of Tanner. Still in 1st place at Fishermans & Marine's Steelhead derby.

I hope that holds up. What's the prize ?

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
37" 17 lbs 7 oz cleaned weight. I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I've got a few goodies so far, don't know what the grand prize is.

O
OnTheDrop
Hooked Up said:
I've got a few goodies so far, don't know what the grand prize is.

Remember your guide loves some free gear when you win the big prize!

;)

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
OnTheDrop said:
Remember your guide loves some free gear when you win the big prize!

;)

Hoping to hear from them today!

P
pinstriper
Hooked Up said:
Hoping to hear from them today!

Well ? Did I miss the report out ?

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
1st place over all! Very nice prize package.