Steelhead fishing Coos Bay area

V
Vmartino1
Just moved to the Coos Bay area recently and looking for intel on good places to try for steelhead. I'm killing it in the surf and jetties but havnt had much luck in the couple times I've taken a stab at drifting eggs in the east Millicoma.

Wouldn't mind fishin with a real live person either. I'm an experienced east coast smallmouth guy.

T
Tacomasteelheader
I would start out by fishing the coquille river, the sixes and the elks river, and even the coos river if that has steelhead. Those are good places to start

N
Native Fisher
Tacomasteelheader said:
I would start out by fishing the coquille river, the sixes and the elks river, and even the coos river if that has steelhead. Those are good places to start
The powers fork of the coquille river gets something like 99,000 steelhead smoltsm the east fork of the millicoma gets approximately 35,000. There is a reason everyone in the area heads to powers to fish.

V
Vmartino1
Thanks for the helpful replies. Looks like ill have check out the coquille for sure. Think they'll still be running in late February/ early March? Ill be out of state for a while.

Also, how about the Weyerhaeuser property along the south fork Coos River? Looks like a decent stretch of river to explore.

R
rippin fish lips
Vmartino1 said:
Thanks for the helpful replies. Looks like ill have check out the coquille for sure. Think they'll still be running in late February/ early March? Ill be out of state for a while.

Also, how about the Weyerhaeuser property along the south fork Coos River? Looks like a decent stretch of river to explore.
believe you have to pay to get in on the property