Spey reel/beauty and the beast

C
captbob43
BULLETIN: The new version of the Roberts Classics Spey Reels has just been released. Instead of the usual 6 month delivery time, we are now able to fill orders within 4 weeks. These reels are handcrafted by Capt. Bob himself so this has seriously cut into his fishing time. However, we really want you to see this new version so we'll bite the bullet for now. After that----who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
oh no captbob43, now you have gone and done it...

E
eugene1
Lol

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Well now, this here is what you call a conundrum. :numbness: We all know the rules are being broken, right? But...here it comes, the rules for the classified sections have not been re-posted as of yet. :yikes: Sooooo, we need to figure out whether it would be ethical to leave it...or blast it. Hmmmm...any thoughts? :popcorn:

E
eugene1
I vote to aim your blaster and fire, Barb!

New members are always more than welcome here, but those that only post ads need to go away...

What We've Got Here is Failure to Communicate.

Best,

E
eugene1
[video=youtube_share;V2f-MZ2HRHQ]http://youtu.be/V2f-MZ2HRHQ[/video]

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:thumb: :lol: :peace:
I think Anatoliy needs to see it...

O
OnTheFly
Git a rope.....

T
troutmasta
C
captbob43
Oh, oh. What have I gone and done? Being a 70 yr. old custom reel maker, I am not that savvy about computers. If I broke a rule, let me know.
Thanks.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
captbob43 said:
Oh, oh. What have I gone and done? Being a 70 yr. old custom reel maker, I am not that savvy about computers. If I broke a rule, let me know.
Thanks.

no worries mate, we are having some fun about your post, you are definitely not a spammer and I think lots of people at OFF are going to want to learn more about your reels, I am sure that Raincatcher will chime in soon and let you know what is up...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Well, captbob43...first of all, welcome to the forum. :) The members are kinda holding their collective breath waiting to see if you get the old "Super Cyber Blaster" treatment. :yikes: Normally, I would have zapped you by now for breaking the forum rules about advertising. You see, members are not allowed to sell items or services until after a minimum of 30 days and 30 posts. That is, as long as the rules are available for new members to read. Lately we have been doing some housecleaning and re-arranging the furniture. That is to say, we haven't gotten all the rules posted as of yet. So, I can't bring myself to zap someone who was unable to read all the rules. I will allow you to stay and become a full fledged, contributing member if you would like. I will edit out most of your initial post or you may do so yourself. I will wait until 6:00 am Pacific Standard Time. We do allow members to add websites to their signature, so not all will be lost. After your 30 days + 30 post period is up, you are welcome to put a reasonable amount of advertising in your posts either in the fly fishing forum or the classified section. Please let me know what you would like to do. Again, welcome.

F
FlyBum
I got an Idea... How about send me a reel for "Field Testing" and I will happily give you an endorsement! Send me a PM for my address... Have a good day :)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
captbob43 said:
Thanks.

Cap'tBob: my suggestion, and I think this would not get zapped, is to start a thread and post some pictures of your reels, describe them, and ask people to comment on them. I don't think you need to hide that you are making them to sell but just don't make that the entire focus of your early posts, in other words don't make the sales pitch right OFF, you can get to offering them for sale after having some discussion about them at OFF and meeting the 30days/30posts requirement...cheers, roger

C
captbob43
Spey Reels

Spey Reels

rogerdodger said:
Cap'tBob: my suggestion, and I think this would not get zapped, is to start a thread and post some pictures of your reels, describe them, and ask people to comment on them. I don't think you need to hide that you are making them to sell but just don't make that the entire focus of your early posts, in other words don't make the sales pitch right OFF, you can get to offering them for sale after having some discussion about them at OFF and meeting the 30days/30posts requirement...cheers, roger

Thanks, guys. Now that I know the rules, I hopefully won't get my waders in a bind again. I will try to post a photo and description of the Spey Reels. Plus, maybe some other gibberish us old dudes pontificate every once-in-awhile. We moved to Washington a little while ago from the East Coast. After fishing the Washington Rivers, getting a fish ticket and listening to the local anglers whine, I went down to Oregon and fell in love with the Rivers and the people. Will be heading down to the Rogue, Deschutes and N. Umpqua soon. Maybe get to meet some of you Steelheaders. Thanks again for your welcoming comments.

Sincerely,
Capt. Bob

C
captbob43
Hope this post is OK.
FELT SOLES ON WADERS-A NEW TWIST

For many years, when we got a pair of boots or waders that did not have felt soles, we would grind off the lugs to create a flat surface then glue on the felt. Got a new pair of waders a couple of months ago and proceeded to grind off the lugs. Much to my surprise (and dismay) the lugs were not molded rubber as usual but rather an open-cell foam with a thin layer of rubber encapsulating the surface. When I broke through this skin the boot foot was no longer waterproof. So I returned the waders to Cabelas taking responsibility for altering their product but also informing them that this was a radical departure in boot construction and not a very sound way of making the bootfoot. What's going to happen when that thin rubber coating wears away? They were very understanding and replaced the waders. But how to apply the felt soles? Simple solution. Place strips of felt or rubber between the lugs to create the flat surface. Glue the felt to the flat bottom and insert sheet metal screws. Hope this saves some of you from experiencing the problem I encountered.​

R
Richard W T
yeah those are some nice looking reels!

C
captbob43
Thank you, Richard.