Some pics from today

J
john montana
Good day...lost a ton of fish to weeds, rocks and trees, but caught enough to be happy! Hooked three big ones. One got off in a weedbeds, another sawed me off in the rocks...landed the third at just over 20 lbs. the fish were cooperative today!

33a817ef.jpg

670ea67e.jpg

826a8d57.jpg

M
Mad dog
john montana said:
Good day...lost a ton of fish to weeds, rocks and trees, but caught enough to be happy! Hooked three big ones. One got off in a weedbeds, another sawed me off in the rocks...landed the third at just over 20 lbs. the fish were cooperative today!

33a817ef.jpg

670ea67e.jpg

826a8d57.jpg

I'm tellin ya....that's a mouth that only a mother could love!!!

T
Toyracer38
That was what I was thinking too Mad dog. What they lack in looks, they fully make up for in fight! Good job John!

I
igquick
nice fish john!

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap:

J
john montana
Thanks! It is TOUGH to take a decent picture by yourself.

M
MikePierce170
john montana said:
Thanks! It is TOUGH to take a decent picture by yourself.

Excuse #817 :lol:

F
frofishing
Do you mind if I asked, where did you fish for this carp? like lake or river?

J
john montana
Mostly the river (Columbia). but i do fish a lot of lakes/ponds around town as well. The Willamette is full of them too.

B
bfloyd4445
Mad dog said:
I'm tellin ya....that's a mouth that only a mother could love!!!

can you imagine what a mouth like that can do.........chuckle.......

Those things are really good eating, i ate one once. Cal, an old codger almost 100 and a seventh calvary vet went stripper fishing with me one day and the only fish was a giant carp he caught. When he kept it i asked why and he said to eat. When home he fileted the fish like any other and gave me one side. I left that thing in the freezer for months before i was brave enough to cook it and it was very good no bones, flakey white meat.