Slugs!

T
troutmasta
Got into some pigs today, all with a fly rod!
Whole new thing for me. WOW! my wrist hurts, landed probably 15ish.

Took the pics w my phone. kind of in your face sorry.

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Dang, that's what I call a successful start at a new addiction, which is what you know it will be. Congrats!

J
jabs67
Sweet bass!!!! Well done!!!!

H
Hendo30
pretty sweet fish, nice going. Thanks for sharing and keep on slaying 'em.

O
OnTheFly
Some day I'm going to try that. What do you use, poppers? A steamer, like a Zonker minnow or something?

T
troutmasta
OnTheFly said:
Some day I'm going to try that. What do you use, poppers? A steamer, like a Zonker minnow or something?

I used like a homade version of a vladis worm, or like a san juan worm, we were in about 9 feet of water and there was a SLOW drift over a long grass hump that was like 6 feet ish deep. We ran those under indicatators like 5 1/2 feet down and when they would go over the hump they would take them. I had no intention of doing that but I used my traditonal bass methods and was coming up empty, we were in the upper willy so the water was real high and my go to spot was BLOWN out we just started trying new stuff and in new places. I was actually trying to catch a blue gill or crappie or something but the biguns' seemed to be on the prowl.

bass
bass
Great looking fish! I watched an episode of in fisherman where they were fishing wacky hooked senko type worms under a float and drifting them across a flat. Sounds like your techniques is similar and works well out here. I will have to give something like that a try this year. Thanks for the post and the details on what you were doing!