Gave JC Pond another try this morning.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Seemed to be freshly stocked, as a number of people were catching fish.
I was mainly interested in trying out my new fly combo.
What I learned is that I'm too old, fat, and off balance to be fooling around on wet, muddy shorelines.
So after falling in the pond and getting wet and muddy, I put the fly rod away and tried soaking some power bait.
I did manage one trout before the rain ran me out.
The little wind and light sprinkling her and there was tolerable, but when it got heavier it was just too miserable for my
old bones. Especially considering I was wet and sore from the fall. Probably won't have the use of my left arm for a few days by tomorrow.

Reactions: troutdude, Discbrat1 and Markk
troutdude
troutdude
Wasn't sure whether to like that post, or not. You didn't get skunked, so that's good. You got out of the house, so that's good. But getting soaked and hurt wasn't. Hope you'll be okay in short order.

Reactions: brandon.goes, O. mykiss and plumbertom
plumbertom
plumbertom
troutdude said:
Wasn't sure whether to like that post, or not. You didn't get skunked, so that's good. You got out of the house, so that's good. But getting soaked and hurt wasn't. Hope you'll be okay in short order.
Actually, I was fine in the morning, aside from a little stiffness in the shoulder. What a surprise.
When I slipped on the mud, I caught myself on my elbow, jamming my shoulder.
I figured it would for sure be swollen and immobile. But it turned out to be much better than expected.
This damned getting old stuff is for the birds.

troutdude
troutdude
plumbertom said:
Actually, I was fine in the morning, aside from a little stiffness in the shoulder. What a surprise.
When I slipped on the mud, I caught myself on my elbow, jamming my shoulder.
I figured it would for sure be swollen and immobile. But it turned out to be much better than expected.
This damned getting old stuff is for the birds.
I'm glad that your shoulder is better than expected. And...I hear ya...I have multiple medical issues...and am on the older side. It's really true: Getting old ain't for sissies!

Reactions: plumbertom