Sling blades and dodgers.

F
fish face
Is there much of difference between sling blades and dodgers? Personally, I've had better luck using a orange and silver dodger. Any one else?

troutdude
troutdude
I've not seen a reason to switch from Dodgers to Sling Blades. They wobble in the water the same don't they? If so, than there's no real advantage in my book (to switching).

G
Gone fishin
i agree...no reason to switch in my opinion

S
skyhammer
A sling blade is a dodger.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
my observation from using both of these is: 'sling blade' has considerable less action compared to normal dodger, more of a subtle motion, it provides flash/color and put perhaps just a little action to the lure. sling blade also has much less drag in the water. I like to use them on my lighter gear for kokanee/trout, as an alternative to normal flashing trolls, with my lures/spinners about 24" back.

for salmon, I like to use a sling blade instead of dodger when trolling off a downrigger, side-planer, or when using a diver- they cause less false releases as compared to the more jerky action of a dodger...

Cheers, roger

F
fish face
Thanks everyone for the comments. FF

S
Silver Bullets
The main difference between the sling blade and other types of dodgers is they can be trolled at higher speeds before rolling.