Siltcoos 11-25-2011

T
Thuggin4Life
Me and my stepdad grabbed the dog and the boat and headed over hte hill to try to cash in on this recent action on the lake. Also to escape the madness in town. took forever to get mcdonalds breakfast at 5 am neer the mall and shops like target bestbuy and cabelas which happen to be neer the freeway. Looking back i should have exited in a less shopping location. anyways hit the water right before sunrise. little late but didn't want to try to head down the river at first legal with the dam being open.Got a nice hen on my first trip back towards the lake after trolling towards the deadlin. crazy whated a guy hook and land a fish about 50 yards in front of me and bam my rod joins in. beached the boat so i could bleed the fish. with a built in fish box its better to bleed them in the net than in the box i found out. as we touched shore kiska bail but came right back in the boat to check out the fish she helped land. soon as it hit the cooler out she went and i ended up tying up to the dock at the rv park and a 45 minute or so game of cat and mouse or should i say man and dog. bet it looked wierd to se me walking around with my salmon net looking in everyones yards and the bushes for a glimpse of my dog. almost gave up but heard her bark si narrowed in on her. then still almost gave up but finally saw her. ended up chasing(hearding) her back towards the boat and a guy on the bank kindly grabbed her for me. finally after wasting a good hour or so after adding in a quick trip back to the ramp for a restroom stop. we headed back down the river.trolled on down and on our way back up scott was talking to a bankie as we were passing him and his rod doubled over. fish on. put the boat in nuetral and drifted out of "his" hole. bled it tagged in iced it and at 11:04 we turned on some hotel california and headed up past bank maggot flats towards the lake with final destination home with to nice hens in tow. stopped in at the jetty to kill some time and see the power of the sea. that ocean was rough. then went up to mess with the spawners up whitaker creek. let the wolf out to practice her hunting skills. kinda reminded me of a bear sometimes as she chased them around. any time she would hear one she would go running in the derection of the sound but ussually wouldnt see the fish. WItnessed something i had never seen before. A salmon resting in a tailout was using its tail to cling to a rock and sat the motionless in the current using its head to keep it straight. thought it was a dead fish until i walked up to it. even after getting spooked it would come right back to the same rock and cling and then sit there motionless in a good current above a riffle rapid were the was a good drop in elevation. anyways was nice to get scott into one since he bought his first tag in a long time this fall and did a 50 50 split on a skunk siuslaw trip that also included a bunch of beer so it wasn't a cheap trip to come up empty handed at the end of the day when we came home fishless and out of beer. And he tried siltcoos in semi wet weater with no luck and watched me get a nice jack. so after 2 long trips was nice to be off the water by noon limited out with scotts first good sized fish in several years. All i got to say to that is "guide status" beach is. for a slow start And hope running out i got one slot left on my tag for thes wild coho.

1125110824.jpg1125111102.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: waco and lilsalmon
T
TTFishon
Looks like it was a fun trip except for chasing the dog. Those are some nice looking fish!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Thanks for the pic's and story Andy!

S
SALTYFISH
Sweet...

W
waco
Nice fish Andy!! I thought the second fish on the pic was a steel!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Thanks guys! Crazy how coho look similiar to steel sometimes at a glance. and for everyone else who reads my threads and never give out even a nice fish i am gonna stop reading and commentiong on your threads, I go out of my way to say nice fish to everyone unless its not a nice fish. even for small trout. or even give a great report. seems like what goes around should come around. i take the time so i think you should too. i know you guys enjoy the comments and props you get so stop being stingy or i might just retire from the fish reports and just start a bragging thread and just post pics all year long. it takes time to write a report. so think aboutthat next time you are reading someones report. and ask your self. what would thuggin do?

J
jack_king
Youngest son (13) and I hit the river shortly after noon on Friday. By 2 pm we were on our way home having hooked into 3 NICE BRIGHT fish. The largest was about a 14# buck. The ONE we kept was a 10# hen.

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
WWTD? LOL

Man you are slaying those things over, i've still never been but I'm glad to see your still catching. I realize the camera doesn't show all the color but those things look chrome. How is the meat? Still nice and orange or is it losing color? I've got to get over there try it out. How much longer do you think it will fish?

L
lilsalmon
Nice fish Andy!!! Those fish are awesome. Very nice looking fish. Bigger than my fish I got. Good job!!!! Oh, and your report was great and congrats to your stepdad.

E
eugene1
Dude! got to love black friday Siltcoos 'hos!! Way better than getting into the extra turkey or hitting the big box stores.

I like seeing that you got your step dad into another coho over there. Hopefully they keep on coming for the rest of us. I was off from fishing for the week with family obligations...

later,

E
eugene1
jamisonace said:
WWTD? LOL

Awesome! love the "what would thuggin do?" idea. Maybe bumper sticker or boat sticker-worthy?

Later,

M
Mattdm22
Nice feesh man! Maybe you guys could put WWTD on the side of the OFF hats. Just sayin... :D

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
fishing stories with dogs are great, nice fish.

J
JeannaJigs
BAHAHA I can just see you chasing that dog all over the damn place.

J
JeannaJigs
Oh and nice fish too...thanks a lot for sending them to me when I was slaving....rude. I forgive you though.

R
rippin fish lips
JeannaJigs said:
thanks a lot for sending them to me when I was slaving....rude. I forgive you though.

He did the same thing to me! for like 3 different days!! Nice catch bro.

J
JeannaJigs
HAHA he must've sent you our fish from wednesday too.

R
rippin fish lips
JeannaJigs said:
HAHA he must've sent you our fish from wednesday too.

Yeah he did! Makes me drool... haha nice fish jeanna, glad you are back to!

F
Fish a holic
Nice fish your always intertaining.

Buddy of mine was fishing at Ada and his dog fell off a tressel, he ended having to go in after it.

Always an adventure just add kids or dogs

G
GDBrown
Andy, you are always coming home with more than just fish. I wish my younger days had been as adventuresome and what you share with us on OFF.

Nice looking fish as always. Good Job!

GD