Reporting an oversize!

F
FishSchooler
Hawk said:
lustrums ago when i lived in CA i either bought pileworms (sturgeon, catfish, & striped bass fishin') or we caught them at Moss landing sandy slough. Some were close to 2' long & they wood pinch................:shock:..........................:lol::lol::lol:.........................:cool::cool::cool:

I thinks I cot a pile worm theese weekend..................................:D:D:D................. or two........it had legs and it was heed under a big rock............Eet also had these eyes...................:lol::lol::lol:............was it a pile werm?????????/

B
BlackTalon
Whack him on the head?

Whack him on the head?

I am not sure I know which end is the head, how would I know if I was grabbing the head or the tail?:lol:

Evan

F
FishSchooler
BlackTalon said:
I am not sure I know which end is the head, how would I know if I was grabbing the head or the tail?:lol:

Evan

On a crawler, the head is black and the tail is like a paddle, and the collar thing is towards the head. Hit it a couple times and you'll know if it's the head or tail. :lol:

S
Seefood Man
FishSchooler said:
I thinks I cot a pile worm theese weekend..................................:D:D:D................. or two........it had legs and it was heed under a big rock............Eet also had these eyes...................:lol::lol::lol:............was it a pile werm?????????/

Nice! :rolleyes: Is this site going to allow snot nose comments? Let me know now, I'll be out of here!

F
Fishtopher
Stick around for a little longer, or get to readin' some of the old threads, and you'll see that Hawk doesn't always type like that, but when he does, sometimes Fishschooler does too. They've been on this forum a long time, and it's nothing "snotty", more like friendly ribbing.

H
Hawk
Brother Fishschooler was jus havin' a little Fun before doing his Homework................................:lol::lol::lol:.......................:cool::cool::cool:

H
Hawk
BlackTalon said:

Evan

Pileworms have pinchers. U can tell which end is the head.........................:lol::lol::lol:

S
Seefood Man
Fishtopher said:
Stick around for a little longer, or get to readin' some of the old threads, and you'll see that Hawk doesn't always type like that, but when he does, sometimes Fishschooler does too. They've been on this forum a long time, and it's nothing "snotty", more like friendly ribbing.
My apologies to both. I guess I've been around other sites too much where the the bashing and disrespect are a common issue. Sorry, for the hair trigger.
Once again my apologies.
Pete

F
Fishtopher
Right on bro! No worries!

P
pathfinder
re

re

He is a whopper ,

F
FishSchooler
Seefood Man said:
My apologies to both. I guess I've been around other sites too much where the the bashing and disrespect are a common issue. Sorry, for the hair trigger.
Once again my apologies.
Pete

Yee, this site is a lot more "informal" than others. Hawkie and I tends to joke around a bit........................... :lol::lol::lol:......................

C
cchinook
sturge

sturge

the problem with releasing an over sized strurge , after a long fight is that many of them die after release even if they look fine after release - it is called oxygen deprevation , due to a long fight , which I am sure it was . The rules say no removal from the water for shakers or over sized - sorry , but if it was me I would have called it in - those older breeders are just to valuable to be stressed out -

P
PDXKush
cchinook said:
the problem with releasing an over sized strurge , after a long fight is that many of them die after release even if they look fine after release - it is called oxygen deprevation , due to a long fight , which I am sure it was . The rules say no removal from the water for shakers or over sized - sorry , but if it was me I would have called it in - those older breeders are just to valuable to be stressed out -

I totally agree with keeping sturgeon in the water...they are special creatures that need to be helped. However my friend who only fishes for sturgeon told me that some sturgeon can be out of the water for a full 24 hours and still swim away fine. Not sure if that was true but either way I will never pull a monster out unless its absolutely necessary.

T
Troutier Bassier
It is tru that sturgeon live for a long time.
My dad told me a story of where he lived in russia and he caught a sturgeon and he dident know what to do with it so he kept it in his batchtub with no water and it lived for a few days.

Just a story

Y
youngbuck307
i know my dad has brought some back home that were still movin after a few hour car ride befor he learned to bleed them out on the rocks.. would freak me out they can stay alive that long with no water but they do...... i have also seen 2 guys take the 2 fillets off of one and toss it back..... stang thing is it dove straight back down to the bottom i know it couldnt of lived long but just shows you why they been around so long

P
PDXKush
youngbuck307 said:
i know my dad has brought some back home that were still movin after a few hour car ride befor he learned to bleed them out on the rocks.. would freak me out they can stay alive that long with no water but they do...... i have also seen 2 guys take the 2 fillets off of one and toss it back..... stang thing is it dove straight back down to the bottom i know it couldnt of lived long but just shows you why they been around so long

Thats a fri**in Dinosaur for ya. Resilient little bast**ds.

Last edited by a moderator: