Ready to launch... almost

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yeeehaaaa!

Yeeehaaaa!

Troutski said:
Like I said and AA will a test, rowing keeping the fish undercontrol,striping line, rowing, controlling the fish, grabbing the net, controlling the fish, stripping in line, rowing the craft, getting to the gravel bar, dropping anchor.....Then Netting the fish, priceless...worth every bit of energy...what a rush.

Chuck

Troutski;
Gawd that sounds like a floating nervous breakdown! I can't wait! :lol::lol:
At least I don't have to wear fins too. :dance: Be safe.
Barb

A
ArcticAmoeba
Paddle, control, reel, paddle, lift, reel, paddle, paddle, PADDLE...:lol: Ah, yes it is a chore sometimes for sure, but it is too cool too hook into fish on one, and get drug around by 6 pound Steel no less! I lost my first one to the current because I didn't have an anchor, and I was 40 yards from shore, in some heavy heavy current...Where else do Summers hold!?:lol: It was nerve racking for a split second. But being prepared to catch a fish is the first step in actually being successful. I was ill prepared on that maiden voyage, and the rivers gods let me know, fish turned into the current, and planed out into heavy water,and turned my pontoon 180. But after that I have had success, after success dropping anchor in the currents, and quickly making it to a bank.

B
buddah426
whats the trick to droping anchor in current on a toon? i've heard that a couple times here now...

Troutski
Troutski
Heavy current...

Heavy current...

buddah426 said:
whats the trick to droping anchor in current on a toon? i've heard that a couple times here now...

I wouldn't drop anchor in heavy current, to much can go wrong. Get your self to some softer water and then drop our anchor, preferably shallow enough to get out of your craft and land the fish. I must say though hooking a fish and doing all those things and keeping the line tight and actually landing the fish is such a rush.
My advice is just don't panic, stay calm and keep your wits. It can be done safely...I am still alive and kicking. At least until the lawn needs mowing;)

Chuck

O
Oregonchris
Also When anchoring these things make sure your anchor line is not tied to the boat, or if it runs through a fairlead make sure it doesn't have a stopper knot tied in the end. In a worst case you want to be able to release the anchor and lose it. Example: you are anchored and fishing and a log comes floating down the river.