Polebender Invitational

brandon4455
brandon4455
ill be there im pretty sure.. if my dad isn't on break ill try to hitch a ride with one of you guys down there :lol: i can pitch gas by the way

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
ill be there im pretty sure.. if my dad isn't on break ill try to hitch a ride with one of you guys down there :lol: i can pitch gas by the way
Let know if you need a ride, I might be able to swing through Dallas or maybe meet you in Salem?

brandon4455
brandon4455
Noahk said:
Let know if you need a ride, I might be able to swing through Dallas or maybe meet you in Salem?

we can work somthing out. when the time comes close :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
one more question fp, is there decent bank access?

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
one more question fp, is there decent bank access?

There is a bit however there will be many extra boats / toons available for the long travelers especially,no one should have to fish from the bank unless they want to.

N
Noahk
I also have a cheap inflatable kayak I could lend out.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:
There is a bit however there will be many extra boats / toons available for the long travelers especially,no one should have to fish from the bank unless they want to.[/QUOTEsweet! thast very cool, and noah.. if you do end up giving me a ride i think ill just give you that rod as a form of payment to you if thats okay :p

N
Noahk
No worries man, 15 buck is still pretty cheap!

L
lilsalmon
I still plan on showing up.....my fly tying has come to a standstill until after finals tho.....

F
Finneus Polebender
Well got out on the pond tonight ,great weather the pond is very full but also very clear for the high water level. Once again marked tons of fish caught none the water is still very cold . Gonna do a spring clean up out there this weekend or next if its to wet this weekend .Want to get it ready for the tournament. Thinkin we need some warm temps for a sustained stretch to wake these fish up . Good part is I will keep on it till the bite shows then we will schedule.Will wait and see but based on the 10 day outlook leaning more towards beginning of april 1st or 2nd weekend perhaps.

N
ninja2010
great, thanks for the update. looking forward to it.

S
sherman
waiting with baited breath or baited line.:dance:

F
Finneus Polebender
sherman said:
waiting with baited breath or baited line.:dance:

I know can't get here quick enuff for me been too long since Ive had multiple big bass day here . We were doin great last year in the big pond right when we started last year at the end of apr 4-5 fish days then as we headed into may it got tough again. think we just caught the tail end into post spawn last year. am excited to be able to fish the spawn there this year! Oh and ya might want to change that to" waiting with braided line" I hear there are some monsters in this pond if you can figure out how to catch them! Have been told by the man who put them there you must learn to fish deep to get them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
I know can't get here quick enuff for me been too long since Ive had multiple big bass day here . We were doin great last year in the big pond right when we started last year at the end of apr 4-5 fish days then as we headed into may it got tough again. think we just caught the tail end into post spawn last year. am excited to be able to fish the spawn there this year! Oh and ya might want to change that to" waiting with braided line" I hear there are some monsters in this pond if you can figure out how to catch them! Have been told by the man who put them there you must learn to fish deep to get them.

im pumped to go i just stocked up on swimbaits, and i mean stocked.... can't wait to dredge this pond and see whats in it, jigs will work im sure too they always do!

S
sherman
Hey I'm looking forward to meeting the young bass master from Central Point. Maybe he can teach this old geeser a trick or two.

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
im pumped to go i just stocked up on swimbaits, and i mean stocked.... can't wait to dredge this pond and see whats in it, jigs will work im sure too they always do!

Am very anxious to see what you can pull from its depths too!

brandon4455
brandon4455
i might try my fly rod if i manage to get a few flies for bass.

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
i might try my fly rod if i manage to get a few flies for bass.

Would be cool to see, have heard of/seen a few bass flies mostly represent small criitters though mice rats birds snakes lizards etc not bugs.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Finneus Polebender said:
Would be cool to see, have heard of/seen a few bass flies mostly represent small criitters though mice rats birds snakes lizards etc not bugs.

ill probably get some poppers, big buggers etc i got an 8wt why not use it :p

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
ill probably get some poppers, big buggers etc i got an 8wt why not use it :p

Will most likely get attention if placed / played properly during that time of year, gonna try and make this one a fish on type o event!