Well its sunny on Saturday, hows gonna brave the cold :lol:

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
Well its sunny on Saturday, whos gonna brave the cold :lol:

i will get out sometime this weekend im sure

L
lilsalmon
I want to come out and play......never fished for bass...It was great meeting Mr and Mrs Polebender today....what great people...and thanks again!

T
Throbbit _Shane
they have bass flys... :D

L
lilsalmon
Throbbit _Shane said:
they have bass flys... :D

hehe....I know....guess what I will be bringing....:D

L
lilsalmon
TTFishon said:
Can you bring a couple of these flies? YouTube - Tying a Fly-Rod Spinnerbait Fly

hmmmmmm...I will get right on that. That looks easy til you get to the wire part....funny thing is that I have most of the tools he used.......guess I will have to give it a shot. But...don't hold me to that....:D

T
TTFishon
You don't have to do that Rose. I will pay for them if you do. :)

L
lilsalmon
TT Gonna go talk to Mitch at Two Rivers today and see if I can get the materials......I always try something once....will let you know how it goes

T
TTFishon
lilsalmon said:
TT Gonna go talk to Mitch at Two Rivers today and see if I can get the materials......I always try something once....will let you know how it goes

Sounds great. :)

L
lilsalmon
Okay...I got 3 flies ready for the bass.....the one at the bottom I tied but it isn't quite finished yet according to the video....sorry for poor cell picture...havent figured out my new waterproof camera.

• bass flies.jpg
T
Throbbit _Shane
those look good.

and iv confirmed ill be making it up there for sure! can't wait to rip lips with all of you :D

N
Noahk
I'd love to tag along if there's room!

T
TTFishon
lilsalmon said:
Okay...I got 3 flies ready for the bass.....the one at the bottom I tied but it isn't quite finished yet according to the video....sorry for poor cell picture...havent figured out my new waterproof camera.

Your fly is coming along good and those other two look bassy to me. :)

L
lilsalmon
So, not to be a nuisance and cuz I am lazy and don't want to read all the previous posts....is there a date set for this yet? FP will it be bank and toons or what? I will have to con Jeanna into letting me use her toon a little longer....Jeanna you there? :D

Thanks for the compliments on my fly......TS and TT

T
Throbbit _Shane
The date hasnt been set yet. And i think it'll be mainly toons and small boats like jon boats. Ill have plenty of rubber worms if all your flys get torn up by the bass :D

S
sherman
I sure hope this happens on a weekend I'm off work. I have to work a rotation of every 3rd weekend. I went by the pond on I-5 a couple of weekends ago headed to a birthday bar-B-Q but how do you get to it? Exit 199 coburg I would think then where? It doesn't look like a trolling motor would be needed on my pontoon.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Ill let FP give you directions but it is off near coburg. id leave the trolling motor at home. unless u have a hard time rowing.

I fished the pond briefly a few months ago in the cold :D i can't wait for the get together.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I might make it too!!

F
Finneus Polebender
Cool if we could just get the weather to break. Gonna make the guest list now have max capacity now if all who posted show so will be contacting folks soon . Long range weather says cool 50-60 and pretty wet for the next7-10 days so leaning towards end of march at the moment . Will keep an eye out for a good warming pattern, if this cold persists I think they might go nuts the first time it warms up with the longer days and what not, anyone else got a take on that theory?