Polebender Invitational

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Ahhh yes, thanks. My memory seems to fade fast these days. lol What day are you planning on working at the pond. Unless we have a snow storm I'm taking Saturday off for UFC. I can come by part of Saturday and all of Sunday.

Gotta get the dock back in place , gonna pick up all the windfall in the gate area ,and just generally clean up . Sounds like we may get a working outhouse there too by tourney time which will save the bushes and trips back to my house to use the rr

N
Noahk
Finneus Polebender said:
Gotta get the dock back in place , gonna pick up all the windfall in the gate area ,and just generally clean up . Sounds like we may get a working outhouse there too by tourney time which will save the bushes and trips back to my house to use the rr
Sounds great! Do you need some help with the prep?

F
Finneus Polebender
Noahk said:
Sounds great! Do you need some help with the prep?

Well probably have this cleanup and such handled but could probably use some the day before the event will have more prep to do then.

N
Noahk
Cool. Are we doing this on a Saturday or Sunday? Happy to help but could only do it on a Saturday.

F
Finneus Polebender
Noahk said:
Cool. Are we doing this on a Saturday or Sunday? Happy to help but could only do it on a Saturday.

Will be held on a saturday just waitin for the weather and the bite to tell me which one.

T
tomriker
rain in the forecast for the next 10 days... boooo

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
rain in the forecast for the next 10 days... boooo

groundhogs on my hitlist too.......

F
Finneus Polebender
colbypearson said:
groundhogs on my hitlist too.......

I got a bone to pick with that groundhog too! Went over to the owners and got my key this mornin for the big pond and once again was told of the 11 lb monster released by a family friend there . He has apparently been doing this off and on for years. I just havent figured them out yet the pond has gotten the better of me there. I have caught my share of fish but the monsters I know are there have eluded me so far. They just havent seen the likes of Colby P yet LOL!

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Well, I have never fished for bass so I have no idea what ur all talking about....but I plan on being there and giving it a try with my fly rod and new flies.....can't wait.

ive bass fished for a few years and i can give you some begginers pointers :p

F
Finneus Polebender
Set to head out to see if they have awoke, Drice and I are headed to the big pond will let ya all know if anything changes

F
Finneus Polebender
Well no change other than one bite , marked tons suspended caught nothing. Water temp in the big pond at 47 deg thinkin about 7-8 shy of a good pre spawn bite. Only worry now is the temp gets here and bam they go right into spawn leaving little time for scouting. Plan on hittin the pond very often from here out so we dont miss the action but this may result in short notice for the tourney, hope many will still be able to attend.

T
tomriker
wave to brave the weather

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
wave to brave the weather
Guess I am just a die hard LOL. Wow what a difference a couple sunny days and some warmer nights made. Still no bite but the water temp has come up almost 4 deg since sun when we last went out its up to almost 51 deg now, thinkin 4-5 more and the bite should start cmon sunshine " guess I am an optimist too the weather man says sorry about my luck rain now till sun". Oh and also noticed the fish I marked "many" appear to be moving in even tighter to the bank good news !

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
woooo. april is almost here! can't wait to fish the pond.

FP. btw off topic but i found out the yurts at Selmac are 65 dollars a night.

T
Throbbit _Shane
opps double post haha

can't wait to catch my first bass of the year!

F
Finneus Polebender
Throbbit _Shane said:
woooo. april is almost here! can't wait to fish the pond.

FP. btw off topic but i found out the yurts at Selmac are 65 dollars a night.

I looked at them last year and you can bet I will be draggin mice across Selmac with ya this year, can't wait to try that place ,have heard so many good things about that lake!

N
nwkiller
can't wait!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
nwkiller said:
can't wait!!!

me neither. can't wait to meet all of you and get into some fish.

F
Finneus Polebender
Well Due to some recent action and the schedules of some who wish to attend am leaning towards the weekends of 8,9 or 15,16 April for the invitational . I believe the trout opener is 22,23 April so wanted to stay away from that one, Please correct me if I am wrong on that. Any way this is the time to chime in and let me know if there are any of you who have previously replied to this thread that could not make it on the mentioned dates. I will try to set the date to allow as many to attend as possible. Gonna give this a few days then will start sending out rsvp invites in the order of replies until we get everyone who can or until we hit a 15 -20 boat limit " mainly due to parking concerns" . Hopefully we will have room for all who wish to attend . Thanks in advance for your input / participation look forward to meeting more OFF folks and fishing with some I already know again. BTW just so I can keep the invites short I will lay down the stipulations now. C. P . R. fishing, boats w/ small motors gas /elec up to 16 ft will be fine sorry no luxury yachts, all must have PFD on board within reach, Alcohol will be allowed as part of bring your own beverages however excessive intoxication will not be tolerated " at least during the event" Gotta keep everyone safe on the water, And finally This is permission to fish this pond for the event only , the owners "very generous ones " have been very kind to allow me to set up this event so if youd like to fish the pond again I will simply ask that you contact me and not tresspass on private property. Sorry guys on the last one I know all of you are respectful just have to say it so there is no confusion. Last word is lunch will be on me the day of the event if possible those who can bring a side dish or dessert please do . We will provide water ,gonna do chicken ,burgers , and hot dogs , so if your not into those three better pack a lunch.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Ill bring smoked steelhead. can't wait!