No bait!

V
Van
I really dont blame anyone for not confronting someone about their illegal activity on the river. Never know when some crack pot is going to escalate having his/her rule breaking behavior to a deadly serious level. Best just to keep your phone handy and call OSP or the county sheriff.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Van said:
I really dont blame anyone for not confronting someone about their illegal activity on the river. Never know when some crack pot is going to escalate having his/her rule breaking behavior to a deadly serious level. Best just to keep your phone handy and call OSP or the county sheriff.

thank you van. exactly why i usually dont confront people. and i figured why not post it ehre since the guy obviously visits the forum

I
idahojeff
I understand these things have the opportunity to become physical. I guess the point is, at what point do we stand up for what is right? Lets stand up for what is right only if it won't affect us? Really? We also need to weigh what we lose in ourselves if we just stand idly by and do nothing. I would not mind a bloody nose or black eye if that meant I stood up for a just cause. Taking a pic and getting it to OSP is simply ludicrous...we all know 99% of the time nothing will come of it. I have full confidence that we can approach a poaching situation in a positive manner and control the situation to ensure a physical altercation will not happen. If all else fails apologize let them call you a few names and walk away. I do know if a family member, friend or my kid witnessed a situation like that and did nothing they would have to have a talk with me.

Some might say that my view is a bit over the top, and that is fine. It is my moral values and obviously not theirs. It is also the law. I would also be in full support if someone knowingly witness' someone commit an act of poaching and does nothing, they should lose their privilege to hunt and fish for an appropriate amount of time.

All that being said, I am sure most "sportsmen" mean well and perhaps they simply did not know. Maybe next time one might want to actually talk to the person.

Just my opinion.

"You must be the change you want in the world"
- Mahatma Gandhi

"In any situation, the best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing."
- Theodore Roosevelt