March 17 2013 from bull trout to browns

C
CPLLEWIS
Hello All,

Fishing on Billy Chinook went well today. Started the morning trolling 2 Koke rods and one for Bull trout up the the Deschutes arm and hooked into a 19" Brown as soon as we got the bull trout rig down deep. We than quit kokanee fishing and rigged another rod for browns. The rest of the morning was uneventful and we were blown off the lake by noon. Any day on the lake is better than a day at work though!

S
steelhead_slayer
Nice work getting the brown. One of my favorite fish.

C
CPLLEWIS
steelhead_slayer said:
Nice work getting the brown. One of my favorite fish.

Thanks steelhead_slayer. I heard there were browns up there but didn't expect to pull one up when I was trolling for bulls.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Getting out there some myself! Had a fun day!!

Troutski
Troutski
Sweet morning...

Sweet morning...

I still remember my first time there, quite the place...
Those kind of mornings are what keeps us getting up before dawn and coming back, sweet morning!!

Chuck

C
CPLLEWIS
Good to hear others are enjoying Billy Chinook. I see a lot folks fishing in Central Oregon but not that many OFF members. At least they are not posting much on here.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
CPLLEWIS said:
Good to hear others are enjoying Billy Chinook. I see a lot folks fishing in Central Oregon but not that many OFF members. At least they are not posting much on here.

There are some OFF members further east, but not many. I grew up in Prineville, and would love to have more members that direction. In time I suppose! Maybe we'll have to hook you up with some OFF stickers; you can help get the work out!!

S
steelhead_slayer
Im doing my part thanks to jamesonace

C
CPLLEWIS
GraphiteZen said:
There are some OFF members further east, but not many. I grew up in Prineville, and would love to have more members that direction. In time I suppose! Maybe we'll have to hook you up with some OFF stickers; you can help get the work out!!

Where can I get those decals and how much do they cost? I can definitely put one on my drift boat and pickup and do some recruiting.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
steelhead_slayer said:
Im doing my part thanks to jamesonace

CPLLEWIS said:
Where can I get those decals and how much do they cost? I can definitely put one on my drift boat and pickup and do some recruiting.

I'll talk to Jamisonace. He is who produces the decals, and can hook you up!!

Last edited:
C
CPLLEWIS
Thanks GraphiteZen.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
M
MustangBill
I am a little behind on this thread but hope no one minds if I chime in.

I live in Redmond and fish Lake Billy Chinook quite a bit. My profile picture was actually in the crooked river arm. :)

I am hoping to get up there in July and do some bass fishing. there are some really good spots by chinook island.

C
CPLLEWIS
MustangBill,

Let us know how you do. i have never fished Billy Chinook in the summer due to the crowds. I have heard of people catch a ton of smallmouth on the crooked arm