Lost my biggest

T
Tacomasteelheader
was fishing for salmon yesterday and landed 1. my first ever springer was so excited. then all of a suden the fishing was off the hook for about 4 hours we hooked 40 between me and my buddy. still only landed the 1 dont ask me why but that was how it was. most of them were hooked inside the mouth, as i could see the fish when they came to the surface, im not some nimbo fisherman, been fishing for a while around here.

as the evening approached i was drifting like normal just a corkie and yarn then slam fish on. fought this big chrome salmon for about 35 min it was over 40 pounds easy. took me down to the bottom over and over, was gunna take her down river but the people below me kept yelling rude stuff so i didn't want to go down that way. jerks. the beast ended up rubbing me off in the rocks in a 20 foot deep spot. this would be one of the rare times when i cried afterwards :..( hope to slay some more pigs in the next few days.

M
MattZ
that actually sounds pretty awesome. lots of hot action. get m next time.

T
Tacomasteelheader
image.jpg

yeah its hard for people to believe me when i tell them this type of fishing happened lol

jamisonace
jamisonace
So what was the deal with the ppl downstream? That sucks you didn't feel like you could take it down there. Sounds like an unforgettable day anyway.

T
Tacomasteelheader
One old guy said he was gunna cut my line and another kept saying i was lying and i was hung up i was like look at the freagin rod pullin back lol. I just need my consealed weapons permit so i dont hav to deal with people like that if i do have to take the fish down stream

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Tacomasteelheader said:
One old guy said he was gunna cut my line and another kept saying i was lying and i was hung up i was like look at the freagin rod pullin back lol. I just need my consealed weapons permit so i dont hav to deal with people like that if i do have to take the fish down stream
It sucks that you lost such a beast, for sure.:confused: But, I'm trying to visualize you walking & fighting this beast with your six shooter in hand...:think: I've never seen a fish worth shooting anyone over. Just sayin'.

M
Modest_Man
People upset with how they're fishing, hooking 40 and only landing one, with "most" hooked in the mouth? Hmmm. Not sure a gun is going to help.

Reactions: eugene1
S
Steeliekiller
Should have just took her down there anyway to hell what a bunch of jealous asses say.

D
DYJ
as a person with a CCW that carries 85 % of the time, I must say... a CCW wouldn't have helped you;)

Nice goin on landing the one, sorry to hear about the hog that got away...

T
Tacomasteelheader
Just cause i hav a weapon doesn't mean i will put it in peoples faces just means when you mouth off to me like they did ill lift my shirt and tell you to get out of the way fish coming threw. Im not a fan of violence but some people need a little reminding some times.

M
Modest_Man
Tacomasteelheader said:
Just cause i hav a weapon doesn't mean i will put it in peoples faces just means when you mouth off to me like they did ill lift my shirt and tell you to get out of the way fish coming threw. Im not a fan of violence but some people need a little reminding some times.

Good way to get shot.

D
DYJ
Nevermind...

Bummer deal about the hawg that got away again, still sounds like a memorable day.

Last edited:
B
Backtrolling
Tacomasteelheader said:

I tried to shut my mouth but I can't. If you have any problem with people running their mouths that's perfectly fine. I could care less if you guys start screaming at each other, if your line gets cut, or if you guys fight. If I were you I wouldn't ever lift your shirt in that scenario, you never know who is a little more ****** in the head. Not to mention the legal consequences from doing so also. I feel anyone with the attitude you have should not have the right to carry.

S
Steeliekiller
Agree, cc isn't meant for that.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sounds like classic hatchery hole fishing behavior.

N
nativefish
Backtrolling said:
I tried to shut my mouth but I can't. If you have any problem with people running their mouths that's perfectly fine. I could care less if you guys start screaming at each other, if your line gets cut, or if you guys fight. If I were you I wouldn't ever lift your shirt in that scenario, you never know who is a little more ****** in the head. Not to mention the legal consequences from doing so also. I feel anyone with the attitude you have should not have the right to carry.

Here Here, to many idiots are allowed to posses weapons. I see this post straying from topic without my input so i will nudge. Im all for gun ownership but not for criminals or idiots.

T
troutmasta
Raincatcher said:
I've never seen a fish worth shooting anyone over. Just sayin'.

X2-

People are Jealous _______ ________'s. Part of fishing a slaughter hole is usually others hitting the same water.

Remind him that it is Illegal in Oregon to interfere with the taking of game. When he does actually cut your line (most people just huff and puff). Hike out and call the cops ( yup I said it). They may or may not do anything but out of the 10 billion times Ive heard the " Ill cut your line, or cast on top its just jealous rage. People seem to forget that we pay people to carry guns and fight for us. Save the heroics for a drowning baby or something.

People suck. Be better than them.

Nice job on the fish-te-val

Last edited:
F
Fish-N-Chips
In the words of JJ "Beautiful Trainwreck" Ahh the old who can draw first just in case both are packing. Classic spring fishing attitude. You gotta let that just roll OFF like water on a duck. I have had an ear full of spring fisherman going postal with threats of line cutting , gun brandishing, and the like(and I have only been springer fishing for 4 years). Interfering with taking of game and lets not forget assault(on whatever level) will definitely get your ass busted and in the end the real question is " Is it really worth it?" Don't get me wrong I am a big believer in not letting anyone have authority over you or try and muscle you out of a fishing hole(it's still a free country). The whole high water mark and private land BS is enough to drive any fisherman who buys a licence to fish OFF the deep end(NO pun intended...he he) not to mention all the other fisherman with their half baked threats. I would say to you to stand your ground and go where you please(after all it your moment of glory). The haters can go get skunked or whatever so I say " Fish ON"!!! ...and that's all I got

R
Redfox458
REAL fishermen (and women) act like family towards each other and get out of the way when you have a hawg on like that. Not only get out of the way, but sometimes help you in times of need. Heck, I had a guy get out into the water to net a salmon for me once when he saw me struggling, that is how we should always treat each other, but rarely happens. We are all out there for the same reason, but I guess human greed gets in the way too much. I hope that one day I can hook into a 40 lber that you have!!

R
randomschmoejoe
Backtrolling said:

I tried to keep my mouth shut as well. This is just to big of an issue. Conceal carry permits are for defense of themselves or others from immanent harm or death, not some mouthy jerks.

It is a damn shame that people go around running their mouths making people feel unsafe but flashing guns only escalates the potential for a bad situation to get a whole lot worse.

Last edited: