Lost my biggest

D
DYJ
a good rule of thumb is you can only take a life to save a life and your gonna have to undeniably prove that in court, failing to do so will land you in prison... and the only person that ever needs to see your concealed weapon is the person your getting ready to shoot.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Let us know where you were fishing so we can all come help you land a few! :lol: JK of course. Looks like a fun day.

B
boomstick
Yes, there are very special people out there, to deal with. But, the minute you do, what you suggested with a firearm, you are going to be the one headed off to jail and giving good cc'ers a really bad name. Please, be aware that you are going to be charged with one or more counts against you. Menacing being one of them. "In Oregon, the charge is menacing; however, you do not even have to point the firearm. A person can see it and accompanied with words that could be construed as threatening could get someone charged. Also, sound can too: a person chambering a round can be menacing. The statute is not very helpful because it is very broad, so one would have to go to the Court of Appeals or tales from trial courts to get guidance."

Brandishing is an unjustifiable action. It carries with it an attempt to intimidate someone via the firearm when one is not in danger, and is not justified in the use of the weapon. It is the same as negligently discharging your firearm and claiming self defense. One does not "negligently defend one's self" anymore than one "justifiably brandishes" a firearm.

https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.190
"Oregon also prohibits those convicted of the following misdemeanor offenses from owning guns:

• Menacing

• Reckless Endangerment

• Stalking

• Strangulation

The legislature also agreed that Oregon courts may now restore convicted felons' rights to possess a gun a year after probation supervision has ended. However, no restoration of rights is available for those convicted of violent felonies involving firearms or the misdemeanor offenses previously noted."

In summary you will never be allowed to own a gun again. And probably somehow lose your fishing privileges in the process ,if you get a judge that thinks it's in the best interest of other ( just an assumption ).

Disclaimer: I am a gun dealer. I am not offering legal advice or representing you or anyone, in any way. Please refer to the links for legal counsel and Oregon Law.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raincatcher
J
joem
hooked over 40 and landed 1? geeeeeeez some ones snagging. if a fish is hooked in the mouth youre either horsing it in or youre using like a size 8 hook. my dad landed a 14 lb springer on a size 6 in a big deep hole. so for you to loose of 40 im going to go ahead and say the were all outside of the mouth. corki and yarn? another hint at flossed. i have fished next to you a couple times and you dont catch many fish, and i have caught fish next to you after having you tell me a bait wouldnt work. and you freak out cause i hooked a fish and it was the only one all day. so you claim you fish all the time just calm down dont need to make up stories. one fish is better than none.

Reactions: Raincatcher
P
perfectg03
Hooking 40 fish in 4 hours is unbelievable. There is only one way to feel that many tugs on the line and that's by tugging your line through pods of fish and snagging them. I would venture to guess that BIG fish you hooked was just a typical springer hooked in the tail or on the back. I have hooked into a tiny trout while nymphing for steelhead and I thought for sure it was a nice steelie, only to see a little 10'' trout hooked in the dorsal fin.

If you were fishing bobber and bait, I would say wow that is a day you will never forget, could be one of the best days salmon fishing in history without the use of nets. But since it's very clear by "hooking" 40 fish in 4 hours you were using the next closest method to nets, snagging.

Good on you man. Stay off the respectable sections of river and keep pounding the deadlines with all the other yahoos.