Lets fish

T
the rookie
hello does anyone know when the nw steelheaders hold there meetings each month ? i would like to start going . my fishing buddys have moved or having surgery and will be out of fishing for a while im looking for new fishing buddys so if you live in the gresham area lets go fishing . pm me if you want so we can talk about fishing

Casting Call
Casting Call
Ok Rookie! "let's talk fishing" I don"t want to be your Buddy. I just want to share some knowledge of my years learning to fish. A fourm is a place to talk, share, give notice's and compare ideas. Ask things like "what works best for you" in this location,, How should I rig/set-up what style to use on bank/float even ask about bait/artificals. But don't ask about how deep to fish, when to go seasons and tides. Do your homework in those areas out in the field. Don't mooch for info that you can do yourself cuz ur to lazy, just go do it. That's fishing! Rank and seniority has it's privilege's. I have no rank in this fourm but do have seniority by years. So let me invoke certain privileges. Looking forward to your request. CC

Reactions: Troutski and Big3d
Chromatose
Chromatose
Rookie, if I were in your neck of the woods I would surely pm you to set up a time frame to go fishing. I know what it is like to have fishing friends go MIA.

Good Luck!

You have a PM.

Last edited:
T
the rookie
ya it sucks chromatose

T
TimberTodd
Hi rookie. The Sandy chapter meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 7-8 at Glenn Otto park in Troutdale. Visit the Northwest Steelheaders website for more info.

Reactions: Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
TimberTodd said:
Hi rookie. The Sandy chapter meets the 1st Wednesday of each month from 7-8 at Glenn Otto park in Troutdale. Visit the Northwest Steelheaders website for more info.
Thanks, Todd for actually helping a new member with valuable info. CC, we do promote sharing all sorts of info here.

T
the rookie
thanks timber todd

T
troutmasta
Hey Rook!

I'll take you to put the Absolute Smack Down on some Ho's (coho), round october.

Expect a PM, get your lies for the boss ready, and be prepared to go cuz when they're here its HOT

The sandy is where I started and it does nothing but put out.

T
the rookie
sounds great troutmasta will be looking forward to it

I
idaho_steel
Hey cast, arrogance smells a lot like bull crap!

T
troutmasta
idaho_steel said:
Hey cast, arrogance smells a lot like bull crap!

Well then bull crap must smell a lot like sucess!

The rook and I will send you pics!

I
idaho_steel
Hey trout, my comment was to casting call, who sounded arrogant to me, not you or rookie.

T
troutmasta
idaho_steel said:
Hey trout, my comment was to casting call, who sounded arrogant to me, not you or rookie.

By cast I thought you meant "collection of people".

My bad.

But seriously....I could E-mail some pics...;)

S
Socaaron
Don't doubt the trout, I've seen him in action he can really get into some fish. He was even nice enough to invite me to fish with him and his buddies in their premium spot not even knowing I was a fellow OFF'er just being a helpful guy. I turned him down at the time because I didn't want to get in the way and I wasn't feeling very well(my fishing fever had turned into a real fever :( )

Casting Call
Casting Call
Barb this is for you and others who signed on. The rookie asked for 3 things. #1 steelhead meeting:some else answered that. #2 he wanted a fishing buddy: I answered that " I don't want to be your fishing buddy" #3 " lets talk about fishing" I requested a reply of a subject, which I have yet to get a reply. Rookie got all three request responded too. How can I share more info????? I do my best to help as much as I can. See my Bio(about me section in my profile) I_s what does arrogrance smell like? I have never step-in it. CC

T
troutmasta
Socaaron said:
Don't doubt the trout, I've seen him in action he can really get into some fish. He was even nice enough to invite me to fish with him and his buddies in their premium spot not even knowing I was a fellow OFF'er just being a helpful guy. I turned him down at the time because I didn't want to get in the way and I wasn't feeling very well(my fishing fever had turned into a real fever :( )

Thank You Very Much!

That means a ton!

J
Jasonbrowe
What days do you usually get out on the river troutmasta?

L
LawyerBob
Haha, I'd love to get in on a rookie fishing run headed up by troutmasta. If you don't mind another bumbling greenhorn, I'd love to tag along with you guys. I even have a 3 person drift boat that sees the water far less often than it should. It simply needs 1 extra vehicle and 2 extra bodies to get out there. My schedule is relatively flexible, now that I'm working for myself. (=

T
troutmasta
I fish whenever I can I have school right now Mon-Thur.

I'm a bank angler, but Love to pull plugs and backbounce eggs.

I'll go fishing with anybody anytime. If you all want to schedule sometime we could go slay the sandy from the bank (where I learned to salmon fish), or head coastal.

No expectations though, just a bunch of guys hanging out fishing, I'm no guide just a dude that likes to fish!

P
PTownAngler
I've been dying to fish for some salmon or steelhead. Next time you go to the sandy let me know, I am definitely there.