Jerking around

R
ryan808
Finally got the chance to paint some clear jerk bait bodies I had laying around. The intention was to take my time and paint some detailed jerks, but laziness kicked in and it didn't turn out as I planned. This weekend ill see if they they can catch some fish. The bodies are Megabass Ito clones and I used auto air paints for the finish.

• 20121114_174236.jpg
  • 20121114_174208.jpg
  • 20121114_174136.jpg
R
rippin fish lips
Nice! I bet you could get trout to hit the top left one (green,silver,purp ect.) Then i could see u catchin em on the purple one in the last pic. They look like fish cattchers to me. Sometimes lazyness catches more fish! lol

R
ryan808
We'll see how they do...I'm curious to see if they perform as well as their $20 equivalent.

T
TTFishon
Nice!!! Those look great Ryan!

R
ryan808
Thanks Ted. When it's to cold to go out and fish, ill out the time to paint more.. maybe I'll even venture in painting some swimbaits.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Those look nice! I have yet to find a copy lure that fished as well as the original. Its hard to get the same suspending action that Lucky Craft and Megabass have.

R
ryan808
I totally agree.. I won't feel bad if I lose these though,lol.

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
We'll see how they do...I'm curious to see if they perform as well as their $20 equivalent.

They definitely do not, love the paint though nice work as always.

The real Megabass' come with a tungsten weight transfer system as well as a very balanced weighting system, although cosmetically they look pretty similar the performance aspect and suspending capabilities are faulty on the knock off baits. I'm sure they will work at some point though!

as far as getting them to suspend, lead wire or tape works, I prefer strips on baits i twitch and pause (pointers), but prefer the wire around the hooks on baits I sweep ( old shad raps)

Last edited:
R
ryan808
I thinking along the same lines with the weighting, the lead strips are on stand by. If these don't work to great, I got a bunch of yo zuri jerks that came in today as back up.

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
I thinking along the same lines with the weighting, the lead strips are on stand by. If these don't work to great, I got a bunch of yo zuri jerks that came in today as back up.

I was organizing my ripbaits today I'll post a pic, im excited for ripbait season!

Some of my faves-

IMAG1505.jpg Still stockin up.

Last edited:
S
steelhead_stalkers
We use a lot of lucky craft pointers and slender pointers for browns! They are killer baits.

T
troutmasta
SUper cool stuff. Allthough completely alien to me!

R
ryan808
Nice collection Colby. I think next year ill start one myself.