Hunting unit fishing?

brandon4455
brandon4455
i will be going with my grandpa and dad to a few differen units on starker forest land for deer soon and was wondering if there are any fishing opportunities in the area for trout? i see a lot of creeks and stuff on maps, tribs on the mary's im guessing? wanting to know if they are open and are worth a try? and if there is any access to the upper mary's river. any input is appriciated

H
halibuthitman
Brandon it really isn't that good of an idea to creek fish in heavy hunted units during the season, if you do please wear plenty of hunter orange.

R
RunWithSasquatch
brandon4455 said:
i will be going with my grandpa and dad to a few differen units on starker forest land for deer soon and was wondering if there are any fishing opportunities in the area for trout? i see a lot of creeks and stuff on maps, tribs on the mary's im guessing? wanting to know if they are open and are worth a try? and if there is any access to the upper mary's river. any input is appriciated

What permits did you get Brandon? Starker only lets you get 3 permits per season, so it would depend on which permits you got. Ive hunted a lot of there units, and have never really noticed and special fishing locations except a few isolated small ponds... maybe PM me some specific locations, I might know more. I dont think theres many stream fishing opportunities.

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
Brandon it really isn't that good of an idea to creek fish in heavy hunted units during the season, if you do please wear plenty of hunter orange.

i have an orange vest i wont go without in the area ;)

brandon4455
brandon4455
RunWithSasquatch said:
What permits did you get Brandon? Starker only lets you get 3 permits per season, so it would depend on which permits you got. Ive hunted a lot of there units, and have never really noticed and special fishing locations except a few isolated small ponds... maybe PM me some specific locations, I might know more. I dont think theres many stream fishing opportunities.

we have the upper mary's river tree farm, got one off cffin butte road by the dump and theres a little creek there, and theres als a few small reservoirs on the maps. ill have to get back to you when i can get the rest of the names from the maps.