Halibut dates - released from ODFW

A
Amberjack
ODFW has released the 2011 halibut dates

Fishing for offshore halibut in the spring are as follows;

May 12-14th, May 26-28th, and June 9-11th.
Backup Dates are June 23-25th, July 7-9th
Spring quota is 115,578 lbs

Summer;

Open every other Friday and Saturday Aug 5-6, Aug 19-20, Sept 2-3, Sept 16-17, Sept 30-Oct 1, Oct 14-15, Oct 28-29 . Until Qouta is taken

Note 1 halibut per day, 6 per year. No other fish may be taken other than black cod or salmon when in season.

F
FishFinger
Ok I want to go! Anyone else interested?

Can we book seats in advance? I think I'd like to take a run on the opener. Can you PM me with the costs and we'll get something arranged.

A
Amberjack
It is a 12 hour trip costs are $190 per person. Please call our office in the morning for bookings.

S
stanster
I'm interested. How far in advance should one book a May trip? Is the halibut fishing generally productive in May?

A
Amberjack
Stan

Please call our office. I do not handle bookings. Our boats have limited out for the last 4 seasons.

Regards
Jerry

B
BobbiDollPDX
stanster said:
I'm interested. How far in advance should one book a May trip? Is the halibut fishing generally productive in May?

I went out with Captains for Halibut on May 15th last year and the boat limited.

T
todd_brooks
What size fish are typical for this fishery? To be real I love halibut so I'm wondering it the fish could pay for the trip.??

H
halibuthitman
Amberjack said:
Stan

Please call our office. I do not handle bookings. Our boats have limited out for the last 4 seasons.

Regards
Jerry
limiting out a boat is no big deal.... what was the average size of a fish in your "limit trips" ?

T
todd_brooks
Thats what I was trying to get at Costco has some couple pounders for sale right now, from Mexico didn't hardly look worth while. But if its the the big boys its a while different ball game.