Going over to Prineville Res on June 1st through the 4th

M
Mbressler13
Hello everyone. Its been a while since I last posted. My buddies and I are going to venture OFF to Prineville Res on Friday the 1st of June and I was just wondering if there were any recent fishing reports? Is anyone else going to be out that direction? Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Please post a report when you return. My buddies and I, are going there at the end of June through July 4th. So, any tips you can give us are greatly appreciated.

Hope you do well. Tight lines!

M
Mbressler13
Will do. I think we are stopping at Lost Lake on the way as well. Very excited to get out of town. We will be camping on the river.

troutdude
troutdude
Kewl. Hope you have fun, and catch some monstah's!

We'll mostly be fishing Antelope Flats; with Prineville as base camp.

M
Mbressler13
Prineville and Crooked River report

Prineville and Crooked River report

Hello everyone! Here is the report that I've got on Prineville Res and the Crooked River. Friday of our trip consisted of setting up camp, making a few drinks and experimenting in the river. Only one fish was caught, with a few others coming OFF the hook. Beautiful weather that day! Saturday we got our boat and took it to Ochoco Res to get it check by the Sheriffs and to test the 7.5 hp merc it had on it. Got to the lake at 9 and fiddled around till about noon. Trolled around a bit and landed one fish on a red rooster tail. Once again a beautiful day,so far. Took the boat and our hungry stomachs back to camp, made lunch and took the boat up to Prineville Res this time. Fished for about 4 hours with no bites on literally every different lure we had. 4 different colors of wedding rings. Shiny things with wedding rings attached. KastMasters behind the boat....ect ect ect. We launched from right next to the dam and right when we were there was a boat leaving that had about 7 healthy looking trout. We trolled all around the dam then went up to the bear creek arm and threw the anchor out to see if our luck would change. No dice. We could see the weather changing and decided to head back to camp to get it rain ready. Fortunately for us it only rained a little bit during the night and stopped completely about 7am Sunday Morning. But that only lasted for a bit. Sunday was a very nice and wet day. But it also was the most productive of the three days on the water. All four of us set out to river fish for the whole day. The first few hours on the river produced about 12 fish total between the four of us, with me catching 3. Once again our stomachs did the deciding and we went back for lunch. Now that my hands smelled extra special I was determined to catch more fish! After lunch I went back out to the river and continued to slay. Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, we fished about a half mile down from the dam. Sundays total-7 fish. Ended up catching a 1.5 lbs smallmouth bass from the bank while my feet were thawing out from using waders. Thing ATTACKED my rooster tail. My best trout was a almost purple fatty that was 12 inches long. Best trout of the trip went to Ryan, my brother. He netted a 16 inch BEAUTIFUL rainbow trout. I've got a few pictures on my phone and I will try to add them when I get them on the computer. Overall, decent trip.

T
TTFishon
Nice report! I'm looking forward to some pics.

S
sunsalem
TTFishon said:
Nice report! I'm looking forward to some pics.
+1
I didn't know smallmouth were that far up the Crooked.