Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

O
OnTheFly
That reminds me, I need more bead heads. I just may give Joel a visit myself today.

E
eggs
PossBugger
2011-03-02_07-01-14_929.jpg

E
eggs
Hairy stone nymph
2011-03-07_21-39-43_399.jpg

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
No No No.......Dirty Hairy or Key-Stone.

E
eggs
OnTheFly said:
No No No.......Dirty Hairy or Key-Stone.
How a bout 'Kieth Stone'- cuz its always smooooth

E
eggs
Black ice stone.

2011-03-08_21-57-06_376.jpg

Legs are all even just camera angle..

Reactions: FishFinger
brandon4455
brandon4455
eggs said:
Black ice stone.

2011-03-08_21-57-06_376.jpg

Legs are all even just camera angle..

:clap: i like it.. those possie buggers look very fishy also. im gunna have to start video taping you tying flies and stealing your recipies :lol:

E
eggs
If you want, you can pm me and I can list materials and steps for a fly you like..

I have never followed a pattern 100% or even 80%.. gotta put your own flare into a fly to make it unique to you!

M
mlw
Here are a few micro nymphs, little attractor nymphs. These are tied on standard nymph hooks, 18-20.

micro365.jpg

Michael

Y
Yohan
A couple goodies

IMGP0866.jpg

IMGP0885.jpg

R
rainbowfisherman
Nice flies! I LOVE the second one.

F
fisherwilly
I tied up these beadhead olive variations. My mom had a whole bunch of beads so I took some and added them to the head. The baby blue, yellow, and orange work really well. The whitefish love these guys so I named them whitefish candy. Lately the trout have been keying in on them. I really like the micros above as well.

M
mrlindeman
Those midge pupas are awesome. I love the caddis too eggs nice work. Remember, The Mothers Day Caddis is the next hatch to come in may so look em up and tie a bunch :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
eggs said:
If you want, you can pm me and I can list materials and steps for a fly you like..

I have never followed a pattern 100% or even 80%.. gotta put your own flare into a fly to make it unique to you!

so very true, when making anything.. not just fishing stuff but anything in general its nice to add your own little tweaks to it and make it unique.. ill pm ya sometime after i get a vise and stuff.

F
flyguy
fisherwilly said:
I tied up these beadhead olive variations. My mom had a whole bunch of beads so I took some and added them to the head. The baby blue, yellow, and orange work really well. The whitefish love these guys so I named them whitefish candy. Lately the trout have been keying in on them. I really like the micros above as well.

Very nice looking flies!

D
Drew9870
The Seabass Slayer

Seabass love this one, I noticed when I was out in a dinky little plastic Crawdader boat the other day while night fishing Newport, there were a bunch of 2-3'' baitfish swimming along the surface, I scooped two out, the longer one had some silver color to it, and I could see straight through the smaller one like glass. This fly was designed to match the baitfish hatch, it weighs about 1/16 oz and it's about 2 1/8 inches long.

Last edited by a moderator:
J
jimmy
Favorite all year round nymph patterns for the "D"

'Smurf-stone's inspired and based on the pattern by John Smeraglio (sp. ?) from "The Deschutes River Fly Shop" in maupin.

STONES.jpg

and one of three trailer's is always close behind,
clockwise from top: rockworm, brassie, BH PT

killers.jpg

B
bigsteel
very nice ties jimmy

brandon4455
brandon4455
F
FishFinger