Fishing here tomorrow morning, any recomendations?

S
spmpdr
Looking for suggestions that might work this time of year on the crooked . Any help greatly appreciated:D

C
colbypearson
Well I dont have any real tips but if your anything like me and think you can just walk down to the river wherever, there might be a canyon in the way! look out for those lol.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i heard midge dries and nymphs have been working quite well, so any color zebra midge or anything small and black pretty much, pheasent tails for BWO's and small egg patterns for whitefish eggs. i would trail the whitefish eggs on a nymph rig on 5x tippet below a possie bugger or bead head prince. good luck

Last edited:
B
BigShayne
What you really want is a small pale yellow colored egg pattern. The White Fish are spawning. Midges and BWO's wont be active until the late afternoon.

S
spmpdr
BigShayne said:
What you really want is a small pale yellow colored egg pattern. The White Fish are spawning. Midges and BWO's wont be active until the late afternoon.

Its funny you say that , becasue i used every egg pattern i had ,yellow,pink, green , etc,.... i did not get even one hit even though i could see white fish presence everywhere. I actually caught 4 rainbows and a zebra midge pattern .. 2 of them on the same set up!!! they were all over the midges and it was only around 10 am

B
BigShayne
spmpdr said:
Its funny you say that , becasue i used every egg pattern i had ,yellow,pink, green , etc,.... i did not get even one hit even though i could see white fish presence everywhere. I actually caught 4 rainbows and a zebra midge pattern .. 2 of them on the same set up!!! they were all over the midges and it was only around 10 am

Oh, well ok. that is very different then when I was there. Nice job on the catch! What size of egg pattern were you using?

mine are tide on an 18scud hook and are about the size of an airsoft pellet.