Any Idea what day they stock JC pond?

plumbertom
plumbertom
Looks as if tomorrow morning might be good to go toss a line there. But I'd like to be after they stock.

troutdude
troutdude
There is no longer a way to confirm, when the stockings have been done. The confirmation line was discontinued a couple of years ago.

Stocking can happen ANY day of the week, in which that water body is on the schedule (Monday - Friday).

Last edited:
Reactions: plumbertom
tastybrookies
tastybrookies
I went last Saturday on the 11th, supposedly it had been stocked at least twice according to the ODFW schedule. Lots of people fishing, but nobody was even getting bites

troutdude
troutdude
The sun was out, so maybe they went down deeper. Water temps also still super cold; so they don't want to expend energy chasing food. And/or it was a New Moon. Or a combination of all 3. Still better than working though, right? ;-)

plumbertom
plumbertom
I was out there for a couple of short trips in mid-afternoon. Less than an hour each time.
7th and 9th. On the 7th, I watched one guy catch 3 or 4 in a few casts, tossing a jig along the shore line from about 1/2 way along the fishing pier. On the 9th, I didn't see anyone catching anything.