Fishing after the rain?

C
cpeaslee
Have not decided where to go tomorrow. Taking my niece fishing.

Considered Hagg for trout, but I am concerned that the visibility is going to be lousy and water temp will have dropped with the rain.

Thoughts? Worth a morning trip for some trout fishing or not?

T
TimberTodd
You might try Lost lake in the Nehalem watershed. Good luck tomorrow where ever you go.

D
DrTheopolis
Lost Lake is always a blast. Closer to home is Progress Lake, which is stocked, and the opposite of "getting out in nature." Fished there once since it's close to home and I had business in the area, and caught nothing (but it was well after the stockings ended). On the plus side, you can go grab a drink while the kid fishes (or is that bad parenting?). Place makes Commonwealth and Bethany seem downright rural.

S
sapo
I'd suggest Canby Pond, they stocked it recently and is a great lake to take kids. Progress lake is a good suggestion also, Commonwealth is dirty and low, I wouldn't suggest going there. Canby is probably ur best shot a few trout, Progress has been slow lately.

D
DrTheopolis
Isn't Canby youth only?

S
sapo
Yeah, but he's taking his niece fishing, and she might be young enough.

C
cpeaslee
Sorry...my bad.

Niece is 20 and we are boat fishing.

S
sapo
Oh, ok then. North Fork Reservoir is a great option in that case! Hope you have a great time and a report when you come back would be nice!

B
bigboy70
north fork res is closed till may whatever it is hagg is the only decent boat lake around for the next month if you go get some purple powerbait