First time bass fishing went well

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Since I live in Corvallis now I asked a few friends to take me bass fishing. My friends took me out to a private pond North of Corvallis which was about 8-11 acres in size. Right when we got there we started hammering the little guys all about 4-7 inches long with the biggest being about 8" long. My friend said there are lunkers but it's hard to get them to bite. He did hook one in the two pound range but it came out at the bank, we also saw one swimming that was in the 3-4 pound range. All the fish we caught were on spinners and bobber/fly combo

130618_0000.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
Excellent. Bass are FUN!

H
huabrandon
Nice catches! Looks like I will need to explore around Corvallis when I start moving out there next year for school.

I
igquick
what kind of fly did you use and did you sight fish with it?

T
tomriker
Try a popper or jerkbait if the weeds aren't too bad

bass
bass
Nice report. That water is looks to be really clear.

In super clear water like that I have had success with topwaters (early and late), fishing a tiny crankbait as fast and crazy as possible, with weightless plastic worms fished as naturally as possible (act as if you are trying to sneak them past the fish).

Best of luck!

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I used an olive colored wooly bugger as my fly and we tried using top waters but they didn't work this time