Coon shrimp

N
nativefish
I bought some coonies that i plan on fishing tomorrow. They are the kind that comes in the jar full of liquid. I was wondering if i should fish them straight out of the jar or put them on rock salt tonight. What ya'll think? Help please!

S
Spydeyrch
nativefish said:
I bought some coonies that i plan on fishing tomorrow. They are the kind that comes in the jar full of liquid. I was wondering if i should fish them straight out of the jar or put them on rock salt tonight. What ya'll think? Help please!

I know nothing about the technique you are going to be fishing or the bait you use, but why not do half and half? That way you have a choice. If one works and the other doesn't then you will have what you need. Just a thought ..... :think: :D

-Spydey

N
nativefish
I will attempt to bobber fish with a "coon stripe shrimp", which is similar to a prawn but smaller. They are Rays bait works coon stripe shrimp, I know i know rays is nothign to brag about but they were available. They came in a jar which has a liquid cure/brine in it. So i was wondering if anyone with experience using them could point me in the right direction.

jamisonace
jamisonace
No need to customize Ray's coon shrimp.

W
waco
Straight from the jar!

B
bran_man
Yup straight up! Its already in a salt brine. I've watched that bobber slip under plenty of times using a whole coon

H
hvacr1
get the looney cooney coon shrimp made by limit out products. The best, unfortunately you cannot buy them everywhere just a few places in the portland metro area as far as i know.

O
OnTheDrop
Coon shrimp this time of the year is by far one of the best ways to get'em. Rig it up hole watch it slip...Presentation is everything so make it look good and don't bother with the soft ones.