Confirmed: springer season is here!

troutdude
troutdude
ODFW has confirmed, the first Springer catches on the Big C and the Willy! Bring it on!!!

S
Silvers&Steelies
My uncle that lives on the coast said that it's still sow out there. He knows a lot of the locals that fish Buoy 10 and people that have tried so far haven't marked a lot of fish yet. They have been trickling in but it's not thick yet.

T
troutmasta
Wait... we only got to take half of the fish that were theirs first......for some reason that seems so..fair?

Anyway, Springer Season Will Begin Soon!!
I Love me some springers!! YAY :clap:

Picked up a new Springer rod at the sportsmans show (2 actually :redface:)

H
halibuthitman
troutmasta said:
Wait... we only got to take half of the fish that were theirs first......for some reason that seems so..fair?

Anyway, Springer Season Will Begin Soon!!
I Love me some springers!! YAY :clap:

Picked up a new Springer rod at the sportsmans show (2 actually :redface:)
nobody likes a self loathing white man...

Reactions: Nettle
P
papahamilton
Boldt decision

Boldt decision

Here is a family portrait of Judge Boldt and his wife. In the event you would actually like to learn some facts about law and the history of fish management in WA and the Columbia, you might want to visit fishingthechehalis.net and watch the videos in the tutorial.

• Boldt family.jpg
T
troutmasta
papahamilton said:
Here is a family portrait of Judge Boldt and his wife. In the event you would actually like to learn some facts about law and the history of fish management in WA and the Columbia, you might want to visit fishingthechehalis.net and watch the videos in the tutorial.

yup indians.....:think:

T
troutmasta
halibuthitman said:
nobody likes a self loathing white man...

Thats all relitive.

H
halibuthitman
Eloise Boldt is an Omaha indian born in Nebraska, Boldt was asked to step down as the judge on this decidion due to the common belief that he had accepted "many" gifts from the Mackaw and several other tribes, he also took testimony while touring many of the reservations and considered it in the decision.. that in fact was illegal, Boldt was asked to remove himself 3 times.. I sovlved the problem I had with it myself, I moved out of washington state-

T
troutmasta
Springers YAY:dance:

T
Troutier Bassier
I'm excited for some Coastal springer action!

F
fuson22
Does anyone have any current "Spring Salmon" report's/ info? I know it's a great time bickering about things we can't change or weather or not they are even "true" stories an statements. I have fished the Willamette and the McKenzie for salmon for years. But that's always a "summer" thing here in Springfield/Eugene area. During last fall I FINALLY purchased myself a beautiful 17ft Koffler drift boat. Recently I have purchased myself a 9 hp Honda outboard motor that mounts up SO perfectly to the back of the drift boat. So I'm wanting to get out and do some Portland area, Willamette river trolling for some springer's. I'm not new to salmon fishin at all, and have all the rod's and gear needed (except the big ol' flashers) I'd need for trolling. I've only fished up in or near Portland trolling hearing, flasher, and an big ol' weight a few times and on someone else's boat. So I'm super exited to get out and go after some of those beautiful springer's! If anyone has any advice/ tip's they wouldn't mind sharing that would be VERY much appreciated! :) Thanks-

H
halibuthitman
the area of coon island in the channel and around the gilbert boat launch has been worth fishing for about a week now-

P
plumb2fish
I got my first one last year near the airport in early March on our shake down trip....I'm ready for springers....

C
chad wiest
Although their are a few springers being caught in the portland area, it is hardly worth the effort yet. Right now is a good time to get the boat in order, tie up some rigs, stock up on bait, and rig your rods. Dont forget that below willamette falls and the columbia are now barbless. Good luck out there everyone!

H
halibuthitman
chad wiest said:
Although their are a few springers being caught in the portland area, it is hardly worth the effort yet. Right now is a good time to get the boat in order, tie up some rigs, stock up on bait, and rig your rods. Dont forget that below willamette falls and the columbia are now barbless. Good luck out there everyone!
3 came off a 2 mile section of the channel by scappoose bay just this morning.. the effort is well worth it..

C
chad wiest
I hope halibut hitman has been slaughtering springers! If he is he is awfully quiet about it. I will not tell you guys its worth it when it is bleak out there. Straight up reports, thats it.These fish are late. It is slow. The time is soon, I think they will be here in fishable numbers in a week or two. The water is very low and clear. The forecasted rain could get em moving. Not saying no one is catching, just save your money and energy for when they arrive in good numbers. Then you can hit it hard and not get burned out. Nothing beatss a springer on the barbie!

F
FishNinja
What are you smoking? The fish aren't late. When do you think there supposed to show up? They are right on schedule if not a little early. In fact fishing the Willamette has been quite good for how early in the ruin it still is.

C
chad wiest
Some may have had "good" fishing because a little pod of fish moved through. Test nets on the lower columbia produced 3 salmon in 16 drifts. That does not mean good fishing, infact it means slower than usual. And no, I dont smoke, you can keep yours. Plan on fishing soon , will report.

N
nw5785
Here fishy fishy! :dance:

F
fuson22
Hello my fellow slayer's..
I'm not new to the Spring Chinook season in the Portland/ Sellwood bridge/ buoy 10 fisheries on other's boat's. As well as fishing for springer's from the bank in the Portland area as well as summer Steelies & Chinook on my home McKenzie & Willamette river. My question is... Can I take my 17 ft Koffler drift boat out say in the Sellwood area, with a 9.9HP 2010 Yamaha motor? I would think "yeah" but I figured I'd ask anyways.
Thanks.