Columbia River shad fishing -bank and boat-

bass
bass
Wow, that looks like a great day! Thanks for posting the vid and welcome to OFF.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Thanks I think it's about time I joined one of these lol

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Recent fishing trip

Recent fishing trip

On the 17th and 18th I went up to the Boneville dam and fished at Robins Island. On the 17th the weather was awesome nice and sunny but not to hot. I caught 45 good sized shad solo and my uncle next to me caught 60 on his own.
On the 18th there was a lot of people because it was a Saturday but I still managed to catch 25 solo. Fishig is good but it should get even better.

L
Liphooked
you hunt bass?:dance:

V
VMAN-Fishing34
I really want to but haven been successful in catching any. Either I'm going at the wrong times or I'm hitting the wrong spots because from what I read I got the gear for it. You have any luck with bass this year?

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Shad peaked yesterday at the bonevill dam. About 12 thousand passed through on may 22nd 2013. Happy fishing

L
Liphooked
I got one at hagg trolling on a rubber boat at about 3mp. On the Columbia I got a 8" bass with a bobber and worm about a week ago. nothing since. I got all the gear too. I just don't think i'm going to the right spots.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Oh yeah I know that feeling. After about four years I still can't find a consistent spot for bass. But hey same goes for pikeminnow but I'm sure once I find a decent spot the wait will be worth it. :)

L
Liphooked
yup. They are a sneaky fish. That's why I call it hunting bass. Stupid trout is to curious for it own good. No fun. well they'll lets us get chrome and pink here soon so i'll be busy then.:) Any ideas east of troutdale would be a great help. I will hike into a place if need be.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
The only place I have ever hooked any bass semi close was at rooster rock park. Not on the main columbia but by the big rooster looking rock itself. They where small but where there's small ones there are big ones too. Also recently I was at blue lake park and right under my feet three 1 1/2 foot bass swam by. So I'm sure if you go early enough you could hook one. That's about all the info I got on them haha hope it helps.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Shad fishing 5-25-13

Shad fishing 5-25-13

Hey guys I'm going out for some shad tomorrow at the boneville Dam right on robins island. I will post my results. Wish me luck :)

T
Troutier Bassier
VMAN-Fishing34 said:
Hey guys I'm going out for some shad tomorrow at the boneville Dam right on robins island. I will post my results. Wish me luck :)

Do you live in Troutdale? I am trying to go to Bonneville soon.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
I live in gresham which is really close to troutdale.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Wow another great day out fishing for shad!!!! I nailed 38 myself and caught a total of 90 with a couple people! The fishing is great up at boneville dam although there is a lot of people's out there. But if you can get passed the tight squeeze I suggest you get your line in the water because shad are great fun to catch. Happy fishing!!!!

L
Liphooked
yes 162nd. :) p.m. me.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
im giong tomorrow going to be up there for 7am to 5pm. meet me up there if anything. boneville dam off exit 40 on i-84. heres what we got yesterday. IMG_0758.jpg
this was about half of the catch

V
VMAN-Fishing34
Wow a whopping 70 thousand shad passed through the boneville dam yesterday!!!!!!! You know what that means? Great fishing up ahead!!!!!!

I
Ifishforfood
hey boss whassup haha. since when do you have an account on here? its nick btw

T
Troutier Bassier
031_zps0096cae7.jpg