Coho salmon on the Columbia river

T
Troutier Bassier
I watch that thing all the Time!

Ive seen Huge Chinook in the Ladder,
The sad thing is they dont show the Sturgeon for the Counts or on the Camera. Cause I went on a Field Trip there and I saw Sturgeon and Salmon and Steelhead in the Ladder, EVen saw a few Pikeminnow.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I watch that thing all the Time!

Ive seen Huge Chinook in the Ladder,
The sad thing is they dont show the Sturgeon for the Counts or on the Camera. Cause I went on a Field Trip there and I saw Sturgeon and Salmon and Steelhead in the Ladder, EVen saw a few Pikeminnow.

The camera is nothing compared to the actual ladder. You're talking about seeing some fish about every 30 seconds.

T
Troutier Bassier
I know, :/
It would be Better if it was Live and not Pictures, An Actual Live streaming Video.

O
OnTheFly
Fishtopher said:
Here ya go bud, I shot this while standing in Cedar Creek, looking out towards the Sandy...

That guy you can barely see on the right, next to the tree on the creeks edge, he is headed to the Slaughter Hole.:)

Hey thanks for the cool pic! I believe when I was fishing there last I got down below the island. I know I mentioned that before but for some reason I thought the creek dumped into the Sandy along the left bank of your picture down further. From the view in the picture, is there any type of deadline marker at the mouth? I appreciate you letting me bend your ear on this. I am planning to fish there this fall and needed a little heads up info.

Last edited:
F
fish_on!!!
parking

parking

where do you park at on marcy st or the hatchery?

O
OnTheFly
fish_on!!! said:
where do you park at on marcy st or the hatchery?

The hatchery is on Fish Hatchery Rd. Just drive in and park. Look into the live tanks if you want....just don't throw a line in! :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
This is gonna turn into that 250 Coho Thread.

K
Kodiak
First two coho breached willamette falls. Looks they should be staging at the mouth of the clack!

T
Troutier Bassier
Is thr Clackamas Before or After Willamete falls?

K
Kodiak
about 3 or 4 miles before...no accurate way to count.

O
OnTheFly
Kodiak said:
about 3 or 4 miles before...no accurate way to count.

Actually it's less than one mile. A tug moving a barge down from the paper mill can toot the horn and by the time you reel in your line, pull up anchor, start the boat and move out of the way, you're practically already in it's wake!

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
OnTheFly said:
Hey thanks for the cool pic! I believe when I was fishing there last I got down below the island. I know I mentioned that before but for some reason I thought the creek dumped into the Sandy along the left bank of your picture down further. From the view in the picture, is there any type of deadline marker at the mouth? I appreciate you letting me bend your ear on this. I am planning to fish there this fall and needed a little heads up info.

No, no marker or deadline! Be careful!:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Do coho bite when they are at the outlets of rivers?

R
Redfox458
So is fishing for Coho downriver from the falls ever any good?? I'm maybe a 15 minute drive from Meldrum Bar, would make an excellent spot to put in :pray:

K
Kodiak
I know guys get them down there below the locks. hot shots and stuff.

C
Cracker
Redfox458 said:
So is fishing for Coho downriver from the falls ever any good?? I'm maybe a 15 minute drive from Meldrum Bar, would make an excellent spot to put in :pray:

Yes it is. Or drive to Dahl beach and cast spinners from the bank.

T
Troutier Bassier
Now theres 8000 something coho going through.
And there arriving on the Sandy Purrrrttty Soon.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Now theres 8000 something coho going through.
And there arriving on the Sandy Purrrrttty Soon.

Going through what?

"purrrrttty" have you turned into a cat to help your fishing luck?

K
Kodiak
FishSchooler said:
Going through what?

"purrrrttty" have you turned into a cat to help your fishing luck?

Hey, did you two see you have your verry own thread to fight on now?:dance: The chinook are comming over bonnie at 14,000+/day. Looks like I'll need to bring a bagie for eggs when I come up next time..HeHe!

F
FishSchooler
I wish I could go Fall Nook'er'ing. I did last year once, but the moon phase killed the action, I ill prepared, we arrived too late, and I was NOT EQUIPPED PROPPERLY (I had blue foxes... :doh:)

I'll have to make up for the steelhead I didn't hook and the shad that didn't come with these coho.