Coho flys?

A
amnis
Hey guys, I was wondering if you knew any good fly's for Coho? I have recently gotten into fly fishing for them. Also any costal river spots that are producing well? thanks you :)

Y
youngbuck307
In Alaska we strip a lot of like big bunny leaches/Dolly Lamas one of the best colors for us this year was white and black. We try to make them pop and fall as much like a jig as you can. All colors work from pinks to chartroos to just white just black and all combos you can think of. Not sure what they toss for them here but hope that helps

Casting Call
Casting Call
Welcom aboard! You can always tell a newbie, give-me, give-me. (only 6 postings?)Marabou Bunny Leech, black body! Now go fish and do some HOMEWORK on the subjects. Go to your local Fly shop ask questions and buy something for your answers. Go with a guide and pay for your info. As far as locations go find your own! I'll be glade to help you if you try to help yourself and not ask for hand-outs. (end of my rant) Guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and hit my head on a wall. Wishing you well, good luck. Tony

S
sapo
Lol Casting Call nice rant...Him and I are friends and he does know a couple of coho holes apparently not letting on that he does haha,

U
upperroguepirate
I remember some good fly guys telling me that sparse tied flies with some flash of course is good on silvers. A friend of my dad and me goes to AK every year and caught hundreds of silvers on his own tied flies. His flies are not big and bulky. I hooked a silver on orange flesh fly but that was it for a month of fly fishing the Kenai. unbelievable, must have been doing something wrong. I wasn't stripping in fast on that fly and it nailed it. hot fish and broke my hook.

trying tying up small 2" minnow clousers. and blue is a good color for them. silvers on a fly rod is awesome. Wish I could have found the groove and hooked a lot more. When I lived up there for 6 yrs, I threw dolly lamas at them I tried everything and only one silver for the entire month of October. I was reeling from that experience. Don't forget make sure ur hooks are good. get salt water fly hooks. I forgot the models because I no longer have my fly gear

Last edited: