lilsalmon
wow

E
eugene1
Dang! You got it dialed in.

That last coho is a beast dude!

F
fredaevans
Great photo's, glad 'someone' has 'Game On,' on the upper Rogue.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Awesome job guys. Phil sure has been on fire lately.

J
Jt1681
Where you guys at the upper rogue? I've been heading down to gold hill/Hayes fall area and have been skunked twice now! Any tips on where the fish are hiding would be reaaalllyy helpful thanks!

R
rippin fish lips
Well done man! Hope to see more here real soon!

F
fredaevans
Jt1681 said:
Where you guys at the upper rogue? I've been heading down to gold hill/Hayes fall area and have been skunked twice now! Any tips on where the fish are hiding would be reaaalllyy helpful thanks!

As would I. I only ask as I have an exchange student from Ireland coming up from Kalifornia for a weeks fishing. Putting him into a 'general zone' would be good.

T
the salmon kid
try casting spoons in deep slow eddies and swirls around the hatchery by chief hole, sandy bottom or the hatchery there is a good chance of hooking some coho in there about now,., you can pick up nice steel head using roe, night-crawlers and a corkie, yarnies or jigs.,.,, there is a substantial number of fish between shady cove and the hatchery so all through that area have produces large amounts of fish for us,., as for chasing large coho try "jigging" spoons in chief hole in the slow water there ,it is about 10-15 feet deep in that hole with moss and sandy holes on the bottom so there are coho schooled up in there ya just need to get them out

good luck ,., any thing else ya want to know ?

Last edited:
Reactions: waco
S
skunk
the salmon kid said:
try casting spoons in deep slow eddies and swirls around the hatchery by chief hole, sandy bottom or the hatchery there is a good chance of hooking some coho in there about now,., you can pick up nice steel head using roe, night-crawlers and a corkie, yarnies or jigs.,.,, there is a substantial number of fish between shady cove and the hatchery so all through that area have produces large amounts of fish for us,., as for chasing large coho try "jigging" spoons in chief hole in the slow water there ,it is about 10-15 feet deep in that hole with moss and sandy holes on the bottom so there are coho schooled up in there ya just need to get them out

good luck ,., any thing else ya want to know ?

Great info, wish I was closer I'd go fish but I'm cleaaaar up in Portland. Nice job though.

J
Jt1681
Yeah thanks for the info man I live in southern oregon and need to catch some fish so Im thinkin the chief hole sounds like a hot spot right now! Spoons and Roe you say? NiCe! Im stoked

T
the salmon kid
went to chief hole yesterday and pulled out 3 nice coho with a friend of mine. he got one 15lb male and i got a 10 lb male and a 10lb chrome female coho all on spoons

T
the salmon kid
if you look closely you can still see the spoon sticking out of the hens mouth

F
Fish-N-Chips
:clap::clap::clap: Beauties:D Nice Job!!

J
Jt1681
nice man! thanks for the info I may see you out there on wednesday. I am going to pick up some cleos or something and hit it up!

T
the salmon kid
need some one to go with? i want to go fishing but can't find a ride.. i can show you the spots and jump start your fishing experience give me a P.M whenever you want to go