Close call on the Cowlitz

F
FishFearMe2
This boat came within inches of cutting my fish off.

Reactions: eggs
brandon4455
brandon4455
wow what jackasses..need to watch where the heck they are going. nice fish

F
FishFearMe2
brandon4455 said:
wow what jackasses..need to watch where the heck they are going. nice fish
Ha! my camera guy had some very choice words that I edited out of the video. I thought he was going to hold up and wait but I was wrong. Got the fish and all was well.....Roger

E
eggs
Did you call state patrol or anyone? That is unsafe wreckless boating.. not just for your fish but to fly between you and that other boat..

A
alm21
That did look sketchy throwing wakes so close as you guys are all standing in your boat. At least it was a happy ending. :D

troutdude
troutdude
Jackasses was NOT the first words that came to my mind.

But I too, am glad that no one was hurt and you got your fish.

S
Slick
I love it when people think they're all that because they are catching fish on a plug that, for whatever the reason, fish find irresistible. I had one of those this year too until a fish broke me off and then it was back to being a regular guy. I outfished everyone that went out with me until then. I got to handing my rod off to people that would go with me so they could get in on the action. But that's just me. It's the bait, not you. You have to keep going through baits until you get one they like. Color has nothing to do with it. It's the vibration or sound it gives off. BTW, that's me in the boat anchored up below you so I saw the whole thing. The guy was trying to get out of your way. He didn't do it the right way but his intentions were good.

Last edited:
S
Slick
eggs said:
Did you call state patrol or anyone? That is unsafe wreckless boating.. not just for your fish but to fly between you and that other boat..

Are you serious?

M
mrlindeman
That was a near hit from what I can see. The fish is not that important. Its the safety of the boaters. Glad to see knowone was hurt. You have reserve man. I would have dropped that fish and gone on an arse woopin mission. Not to say that would be the right or smart thing to do, thats just how I handle people like that lol.

N
nwkiller
defenitly a dumbass, poweringing through two boats like that with no fish on is an ahole move........intelligant fisherman let off the throttle a bit up river and coast though then gas when past......either way you catch a wake but the smaller the better, lucky no one went in.....oh ya and nice fish!!

N
nwkiller
thereunstead of dissing the guy and leaving it at that, i stated my opinion of what he did wrong and how he could have changed it.....(other thread) lol

S
Slick
I was there. I had a better view than what you guys are seeing in the video. When the other guy finally realized that there was a fish on he was already in a position to where he needed to throttle up to keep out of trouble. When he had to do that was at exactly the wrong location, but it was what it was. It wasn't anything OSP needed to be called over or anything like that. What the OP isn't telling you is that he anchors up in a narrow, busy chute and people have no other choice but to come very, very close to him and his fish. It's the only way up or down the river.

Last edited:
Reactions: beaverfan
N
nwkiller
not at full steam, if he had to gas it to get out of the way then he wasn't paying attention that there was a fish on....people wait, ive seen it......but you were there..sounded like hje was thottleing pretty much the hole time....lol were you on this boat???

N
nwkiller
beside he washeading down river, could have eased through......

S
Slick
nwkiller said:
not at full steam, if he had to gas it to get out of the way then he wasn't paying attention that there was a fish on....people wait, ive seen it......but you were there..sounded like hje was thottleing pretty much the hole time....lol were you on this boat???
Like I said, that's me anchored below him. By the time he gets down to me is when the other boat throttled through between us. He had just come through the narrow chute I had mentioned. You gotta realize that this is a busy, busy river with people making up and down runs drifting eggs, people back bouncing plugs and anchored up running plugs. If you don't think this kind of thing is going to happen fishing in a place like that then you are sadly mistaken. People go through, around an by people fishing all over the river. If you can't stand a little close contact then my advice is to not fish there because that's the way it is.

S
Slick
nwkiller said:
No, he had to gas it to avoid hitting me or him. The current is fast, fast right there.

N
nwkiller
well anyone gasses past me like that is gonna hear about!.....no matter what river, fishing skinny water doesn't have to be sketchy, do it all the time.....and im always in alittle boat with $40,000 sleds next to us...they dont do it......

Reactions: eggs
E
eggs
Slick said:
Are you serious?

Yes I am he was going like 20mph between 2 boats 15yrds apart down a river.. he could have slowed way down and gone around or creep. Through going just has enough to control the boat..

You were there and know the layout and situation better than the video, but based on the video the guy looks like a pork..

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Slick
Yeah, I know that. That's what the OP wanted you to think. So I know what I saw and the way it went down. The OP came so close to me that the guy coming through from above in the fast water was squeezed between us and had to power out to avoid hitting one of us. If you can't "get" that then I'm done talking here. Armchair fishermen can have it now. Adios.

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
arm chair??????????? hahahahah adios man...........