Clackamas river steelhead

H
Hook
milo mciver state park

milo mciver state park

Looking at fishing this area this week and wondering what method is working best. Drift w/corkies /bait or jigs. I have heard reports that it is pretty snaggy, is this true?

Reactions: OnTheFly
O
obwon1972
Hi Fishtopher,

I caught mine on a brass with green prism tape. I can understand why you were using silver (water temp). However, with the sun out it just seemed too bright, so I used brass instead

O
obwon1972
I would say about a mile below McIver

F
fish_on!!!
finally orderd

finally orderd

adambomb said:
ok i have heard enough, its time to order some TCO spinners. so now my only question is treble or siwash? what are the biggest pros and cons?

Order sent!!! how long do they usually take... I can't wait!!!

C
Chuckballs
Hello Off'ers. New member here and wanted to post a pic. Got this beauty on the clackamas last week. It was a native so I released her without harm.

• Clackamas steelhead 3.jpg
  • Clackamas steelhead 2.jpg
F
Fish-N-Chips
Wow nice fish and welcome to OFF.

O
OnTheDrop
Chuckballs said:
Hello Off'ers. New member here and wanted to post a pic. Got this beauty on the clackamas last week. It was a native so I released her without harm.

Nice fish!..I love that river up high. You get it in the pond? Or the rapids to the right? Had some epic days outta the pond usually around March then again in June...Tight Lines

C
Chuckballs
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Nice fish!..I love that river up high. You get it in the pond? Or the rapids to the right? Had some epic days outta the pond usually around March then again in June...Tight Lines
In the rapids.

G
Goodtimes
Beauty! I notice the big fish brought a big smile. Well done.

T
troutmasta
well that there is a slug! Welcome!

D
dtikey
boy that does look like a beauty nice fish good job man and welcome.Lots to learn if you take the time to read.

J
jabs67
Sweet steel!!!!!! Welcome to the best forum around!!!!!!!!!!

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
that is a nice hunk of Steel Congrats and welcome to OFF!!

C
Chuckballs
Goodtimes said:
Beauty! I notice the big fish brought a big smile. Well done.

Yeah for sure! I just wasn't expecting to catch her, she actually " caught" me off guard!!

J
JKham
Nice job! I love going there especially on the weekdays when the weekend crowds are absent.

R
r_dawg1021
Nice fish! I've been out there once and it was insanely busy. Sounds like the weekdays are the time to go for sure...

J
jayreedy
How far up from clackamette park is this?

S
skunk
Way, think State Park and you'll find it.

C
ChezJfrey
skunk said:
Way, think State Park and you'll find it.

Yep, roughly 23 river miles.

J
jayreedy
ChezJfrey said:
Yep, roughly 23 river miles.

Any luck around Oregon city area now? Or have they pretty much all moved on up river by now