Birthday carp

I
igquick
I was looking through some old photos and I found this picture of the 25 lb Common Carp's tail, and I was just amazed...

My girlfriend and I started our hike at Kelley Point Park in order to find some Carp. A little rule I like to follow during the warmer seasons is 20% of the fish is in 80% of the water. In winter, 90% of the fish is in 10% of the water if this makes any sense at all.

Here is a picture of my beautiful girlfriend who came out to fish with me like always. I'm thankful I got a gf that loves to fish.

I'm not sure wtf I was doing in this picture

Here is pic of a nice 6 lb Common Carp

All in All We caught 2 Carp in 2 hours of fishing....A 6 lber and an 11 lber, so it was a great day before the rain starts again...I hope it doesn't rain 15 DAYS IN A ROW like when Fall just started which really depressed me...

This picture I like to call Fishing Inception. Anyways click on the picture to see a full view and you'll know what I mean

So the day before that fishing day above, was my 25th Birthday and I got a fishing hat and a bunch of Carp fishing gear for my birthday. My co-worker wisely asked me what kind of rigs, hooks, equipment, etc he need in order to go Carp fishing because he supposedly was going to try it out himself...surprisingly he took those notes and bought me fishing gear. I used those gifts to catch the fish above. I think I might make a thread on what stuff to buy for Carp Still Fishing....My girlfriend bought me a laptop so now I'm here editing a few fishing videos that I will post up here soon....

Last edited by a moderator:
P
PTownAngler
Dude, I think I went to high school with your girl. She go to David Douglas? I'm class of 2008. Nice pics by the way, I still haven't tried for carp yet. I keep thinking about it. I'm heading to Hagg Lake right now to catch some Trout.

I
igquick
No she went to Barlow

Good luck man. I will never forget one of the times I went to Hagg Lake, and there would be these huge fish (carp-like) that would roll. This guy was using ultra light gear with a floater, and suddenly his floater disappeared, rod bent in half, and the line snapped violently. I heard other stories by amateur fisherman about carp being there; but I don't believe amateurs...

S
Smj
Great short session! Sounds like you had a sick bday too!

P
PTownAngler
igquick said:
No she went to Barlow

Good luck man. I will never forget one of the times I went to Hagg Lake, and there would be these huge fish (carp-like) that would roll. This guy was using ultra light gear with a floater, and suddenly his floater disappeared, rod bent in half, and the line snapped violently. I heard other stories by amateur fisherman about carp being there; but I don't believe amateurs...

Really? There is Carp in Hagg Lake?? I know there is Bass, Trout and Bullhead Catfish. I've never heard of there being Carp in Hagg. I'll have to do some research on that.

I
igquick
Who knows maybe it was one of those trophy trout