Bassin today 11-15-12

G
grampa ron
This is the biggest out probly 20 bass we got today. We did the best with brokenback Rapalas fished just under the surface.

• Ricks 3# Bass 11-15-12.png
bass
bass
grampa ron said:
This is the biggest out probly 20 bass we got today. We did the best with brokenback Rapalas fished just under the surface.

Wow that is great! What type of water are you fishing (lake, pond, river)? I can't imagine catching a bass on a lure like that in the Willamette this time of year. Can you comment on the water temp, clarity, etc?

Thanks for any info!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice! Way to go.

I'm gonna try for some tomorrow at a pond that I know has some nice ones... :D

G
grampa ron
It was pond fishing with about 1ft visibility. Don't know the temp for sure. I would guess low 50s at least, probly closer to mid 40s. Water no more than 2ft deep.

Reactions: bass
bass
bass
grampa ron said:
It was pond fishing with about 1ft visibility. Don't know the temp for sure. I would guess low 50s at least, probly closer to mid 40s. Water no more than 2ft deep.

Thanks for the info. I am amazed that fish were that shallow, but it sure emphasizes the rule of don't tell the fish where they have to be. Once again great job and thanks for sharing.

T
tomriker
the bigger fish just off the shallow, feeding on all the little guys who are shallow, so you should be able to find big ones just off the shallows, atleast that's what i hear :) im hosting a tournament this weekend, i hope we can get into a few!

G
grampa ron
Hosting a torny? Tell us about it.

T
tomriker
it was mostly for the oregon state bass club. also bassdad from on here was there with a partner and ryan808 was my partner, first place only had 19 pounds, second 13 and third 11. out of 7 teams. everyone caught fish, but it was hard and slow and the bass were all stacked up! the winning teams fish all came from one hole. spring tournys are much more fun when everyone has 20+pound bags :)

R
ryan808
We would have broken 20 if we used the other scanner, lol.

T
tomriker
Post the pic of your limit

R
ryan808
Not a glamor shot, but a fish pic none the less :lol:

T
TTFishon
ryan808 said:
Not a glamor shot, but a fish pic none the less :lol:

Nice!!!