Barbed hook may come back to the Willy

jamisonace
jamisonace
I hope not. The more that come undone down there is better for me. :bleh:

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
I hope not. The more that come undone down there is better for me.

Boo on you sir;)

Last edited:
Irishrover
Irishrover
jamisonace said:

:lol::lol::lol:

E
eugene1
jamisonace said:

Awesome point for the upriver anglers!

LOL

jamisonace
jamisonace
You could change my opinion if you show me how to catch them up there.

troutmasta said:
Boo on you sir;)

J
JonT
Don't take the bait!

J
jeremymbloom
I'm not sure why they felt they needed to implement the barbless rule anyway, for wild fish survival?? When was the last time you hooked a Native chinook too deep to release without injury? I can't think of any that I've caught. The tough part's keeping them on, not removing the hook, barb or no barb...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jeremymbloom said:
I'm not sure why they felt they needed to implement the barbless rule anyway, for wild fish survival?? When was the last time you hooked a Native chinook too deep to release without injury? I can't think of any that I've caught. The tough part's keeping them on, not removing the hook, barb or no barb...

x2

jamisonace
jamisonace
I agree except I assume mortality for plunkers is higher than for trollers. Not sure though since I've never plunked.

I killed a coho this year that I couldn't retain because of a hook in the gills while bobber fishing. Still kind of makes me sick thinking about that waste.

jeremymbloom said:

J
Jordy
This would be a huge win for my boat. We lost dozens more fish while fishing barbless.

As far as mortality is concerned, they inhale eggs up in the OC backtroll show,, but barbless hooks won't change the outcome there.

J
jeremymbloom
Not sure if there's a thread for this or not, but I just thought I'd share a not very exciting fishing

J
jeremymbloom
Story. Sorry, accidentally hit send. Anyway, I hit the Clackamas this morning from before daylight til about 9:30 am. I had no bites, and saw no fish caught

S
SailCat
Here's an update from the meeting: "The Commission declined to take action on a staff proposal that would have allowed the use of barbed hooks when fishing for salmon, steelhead and trout in the lower Willamette River, Multnomah Channel, lower in Gnat Creek and inside Youngs Bay."

J
jeremymbloom
Thanks for the update. It's disappointing, but thank you

Irishrover
Irishrover
jamisonace said:
Looks like you are going to be OK the barbed hooks will not happen.