Ballenger Pond bass fishing

S
specialk0082
Drew9870 said:
Spinicker Point in between Walter Wirth and Walling Pond, the Grey and Blue building with the blue gate surrounding it. I had a friend who would lend me the key and give me permission to fish it, I watched a 6lb bass get landed out of there, and my dad says he knew a guy that went scuba diving in it, and the guy said he had never seen bass so big.
dude how can u fish that spot????????i want to,if u ever head over there and need a fishen buddy let me know

c

B
Bfishin
Brand new to the site here, but Thought I'd throw in my bit of info on Ballenger. If you're heading East down Hwy. 126 through Springfield you will pass Weyerheauser on your right then come to the 52nd ST. stop light. Hang a left onto High Banks Rd. (Highbanks?)...Now is the tricky part...High Banks Rd. will immediately curve 90 degrees to the right, but continue going forward down the gravel road instead of turning. There is even a whit sign that says "Ballenger Co." And you're there. Real big Crappie and Bass in there, lots of Bgill in the summer. Never caught anything big myself , but have seen several big fish caught.

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
Troutski
Troutski
Welcome to OFF...

Welcome to OFF...

Welcome to OFF, nice to have you on board. Sounds like you are a local to this area...what is your fish of pleasure?

Chuck

T
Thuggin4Life
Of the 3 bonds at the Ballenger location only 2 are private. The one directly behind Jim Ballengers shop is open to fishing but i think he only owns half of it. If you talk to him you can even put your boat in. As far as I'm concerned the bigger bass are in the bigger trespassing pond. If you're game its worth the risk to fish the other pond but the trails are getting overgrown i suggest taking a machette and walkin in trough the orchard. Heard many stories and seen big fish caught but yet to get more than a pounder on myself. And a little tip: the pond is way deeper than one might first imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bfishin
T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
Of the 3 bonds at the Ballenger location only 2 are private. The one directly behind Jim Ballengers shop is open to fishing but i think he only owns half of it. If you talk to him you can even put your boat in. As far as I'm concerned the bigger bass are in the bigger trespassing pond. If you're game its worth the risk to fish the other pond but the trails are getting overgrown i suggest taking a machette and walkin in trough the orchard. Heard many stories and seen big fish caught but yet to get more than a pounder on myself. And a little tip: the pond is way deeper than one might first imagine.

That's trespassing! Would you want people to trespass on your property?

M
mikeredding
TTFishon said:
That's trespassing! Would you want people to trespass on your property?

That's not cool. I wouldn't recommend trespassing to anyone. Not only is it disrespectful the legal repercussions are not worth it.:naughty:

D
Dichrofisher
His moniker suggests that trespassing is not an issue! I have had a friend of mine chased by a crazy farmer with a shotgun in that very orchard, so be careful.

Reactions: FishSlayer420
M
mikeredding
Dichrofisher said:
His moniker suggests that trespassing is not an issue!
I noticed that also.:confused:

T
Thuggin4Life
As for trespassing i got many charges as a juvenile with no real legal trouble. also i asked the owner of postal aluminum for trespassing rights to his pond. I was curtious and offered to carry out the garbage from other trespassers and he wasn't having it. told me it wasn't open to fishing as he drove through the gate and met up with his friend who had a boat in there. Ive been back there and been kicked out by a truck driver and been back there with two cars in the parking lot and watched them leave while i was fishing and they never said anything besides those ponds were once open to the public.as for not wanting people trespassing on my property if i owned a piece of property like that i would allow it to be fished. maybe not if it was a pond on farm country. or walking through my yard. Many of these not so well know trespassing ponds have lunkers in them and i have had had more luck in them then the well known ponds that are over fished with to many people not practicing catch and release. but to each his own

B
Bfishin
Thanks for the welcome. ya I've lived here in Spfd. basically all my life. I do a little of everything around here. Haven't been Sturgeon fishing or on the saltwater. I really like going after the steelhead/salmon, although I've only caught a few. I'm really looking forward to doing some fishin on the Central lakes this summer and hopefully get into some browns!

T
Thuggin4Life
I'm lly looking forward to doing some fishin on the Central lakes this summer and hopefully get into some browns![/QUOTE said:
Put some gas in Jeep or find a tow and we can take the boat back up there any day of the week!

F
FishSlayer420
Too bad they are not private. was just out there yesterday in a boat. water is still a little cool its about 49 degrees right now. but get out there and bang em out when it warms up. the stoplight on 126 you take the turn twords the orchard ang go straight to the back. good luck

Reactions: Thuggin4Life
F
FishSlayer420
hear ya there same thing happened to me but he didi not have a gun though. he is a dick

F
Finneus Polebender
trespassing & Balenger

trespassing & Balenger

Not that most dont already know but Vandalisim and theft is what led to the back area of Balenger being closed. I would hope that any person interested enough in fishing to join a web post already respects the common laws of the land C& R ,get permission first etc. Unfortunately most of the damage is done by transients, meth heads, and others who have nothing to do with fishin. It sure would Be great if there could be some way for a group such as the OFF could approach some owners to set up a work for access deal to some private areas. I know I would sign up and work to fish

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Not that most dont already know but Vandalisim and theft is what led to the back area of Balenger being closed. I would hope that any person interested enough in fishing to join a web post already respects the common laws of the land C& R ,get permission first etc. Unfortunately most of the damage is done by transients, meth heads, and others who have nothing to do with fishin. It sure would Be great if there could be some way for a group such as the OFF could approach some owners to set up a work for access deal to some private areas. I know I would sign up and work to fish

Sounds good to me. I'd trade work for fishing.

T
Thuggin4Life
I would also be down for this. I asked once but he probably thought i was a punk kid. But with some kind of organization back up the request maybe it would be possible to fish it. I put my boat in there once and that is the only way i would recommend fishing that pond.

F
FishFinger
Finneus Polebender said:

That really is a great idea. Like a neighborhood pond watch program. I'm much too far up the valley to play an active roll, but if I had a name and address I could surely take a few minutes and write a letter in support.

T
Thuggin4Life
FishFinger said:
That really is a great idea. Like a neighborhood pond watch program. I'm much too far up the valley to play an active roll, but if I had a name and address I could surely take a few minutes and write a letter in support.

i think the name of the company that took over the building is called Postale Aluminum or something of that nature. I'll check next time i sneek in there on one of these sunny weekends. I tried to find a phone number last year but i was like the place didn't exist. the only number i got was for the security company that had a sign on the gate.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishFinger said:

That would be awesome, just maybe with some effort & group support it could happen. I think it could be mutually benificial to the ownwers, fisherman as well as the enviornment/ ecosystem. I have more than just Ballenger in mind,I know of a few other private/ private access ponds that Id work my a** off for the oppertunity to fish! Any support I could get would be welcome, will start doin some legwork. would it be ok then to say I have the OFF support for the pitch of such a program ? Obviously the idea is you volunteer for scheduled work events clean up , habitat improvement/ restoration, etc, then you recieve invitation only privalages to private fishing events. Sounds to easy D*mn it would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
T
TTFishon
I could only find three phone numbers. The closest one in California. Postle Distributors, Inc.. If you google their name and add Springfield Oregon you will see a link to an article about the Springfield plant.