Ballenger Pond

G
grampa ron
Anyone know if Ballenger Pond is open to fishing?

jamisonace
jamisonace
yes it is. i've never fished it but I hear it is a great place to get kids into fish.

Troutski
Troutski
Very cool place for beginners, my Son and I started fly angling there for Crappie and Bluegil..... lots of memories...

Chuck

B
bran_man
Hmmmm I think it has been closed down. have not been there all summer. because last time I went in June it was all gated off and was closed and no longer fishable. I hear its because they were having problems with homeless lingering and people leaving too much trash. I would check up on that one. there were many no trespassing and closed signs and the had the whole thing closed/ roped off.... :( sucks cause I was planning on teaching my little niece how to fish there....

Troutski
Troutski
Traditions...

Traditions...

Not exactly sure how to get the number but if you could contact the legal owner and ask them in person it does carry some weight. Back in my younger days I fished a section close by and would ask the owners if I could have river access not once was I turned down... even when they had "No Trespassing" signs posted, something about shaking someones had and looking them in the eye - opened major access to my jewels. I know a Lady in city records, maybe with both of us trying - who knows..:clap:

Chuck

D
dtikey
Troutski said:
Not exactly sure how to get the number but if you could contact the legal owner and ask them in person it does carry some weight. Back in my younger days I fished a section close by and would ask the owners if I could have river access not once was I turned down... even when they had "No Trespassing" signs posted, something about shaking someones had and looking them in the eye - opened major access to my jewels. I know a Lady in city records, maybe with both of us trying - who knows..:clap:

Chuck

yup person to person will useally help.I have gotten to cross private land on the mckenzie and north ump by knocking on doors and asking as long as you respect them and thier property you should always have a spot to go back to