Ballenger Pond Fishing Reports

B
Bassman233
Went out to Ballenger Pond in Springfield yesterday. Had a lot of strikes and lost a couple of 3-5 pounders, using 6" watermelon/black flake senkos, fishing texas rig (no weight) in around 15ft of water. The shore fishing is pretty limited now due to overgrowth of weeds and blackberry bushes. Someone should get out there and hack that S**T down. I would suggest getting out there, saw lots of big bass cruzing in the shallows chasing bass fry, the water is really clear right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
TTFishon
Nice!!! I'd leave the blackberries and brush alone and get a small boat instead. The less access the better.

J
joem
in the public pond? if so i might have to take my little 11 ft boat dow there and float around.

B
Bassman233
Yes the front pond, fish the northeast side and eastern part of pond, use a 6" senko weightless usually watermelon/black flake or junebug color. They are sitting suspended or on the bottom. I was fishing points and shady pockets.

J
joem
im thinkin monday after school with my cousin and friend. might go fish the back 2 ponds since they dont get pressure. and the back pond got the state record. thanks for that, i have some 6 in senkos i think from a couple years ago i might try, or ill just take my steel head slip bobber with a real worm on it and hope the blue gills dont find it before the bass. do you think that would work? ive only fished for them one or two times.

B
Bassman233
Back 2 ponds

Back 2 ponds

I am pretty sure the back 2 ponds are off limits now days, I tried to get into them last year and got kicked out by the company that owns the property now. I would suggest sneaking in through the orchards and then the cow pasture to the back pond, but farmer jones is pretty good about patroling his property. I would just suggest fishing the front pond, that is actually where the record was caught. I know the guys grandad that caught the fish.

J
joem
it was a hastings boy that got it. i think it was blake. but i know the guy that supposedly owns the property the ponds are on. and my mom does blakes insurance. and my cousins are friends with his son. ive fished the very back pond once about a month ago and it was to cold. but i can probably get permision to fish it.

J
joem
ya i jut looked and it was blake that got the state record it looks like. i dont know what ill do im just out to have fun.