Ballenger Pond bass fishing

T
TTFishon
BassLover.Z. said:
Cavdad and Flippinbaits, i am putting my vote in for the new record at my local spots. lyons bass ponds, or Aumesville pond. I have seen some fish in there that have made me rethink my purpose as a fisherman, HUGE fish.

plus in a small to medium sized pond there are ton's of little fish and stuff to eat. ponds are the way to go...

oh, and just so i know when i catch her- before i release her- what is the current record?

I think the current Oregon record is 12lbs caught out of Ballenger. Which I think is a bunch of bull. It was caught in the back pond which is closed to the public so I think it shouldn't count.

S
specialk0082
it wasn't at that time

Troutski
Troutski
Back jpond...

Back jpond...

I remember those days...there are also some very big Carp in the back pond:shock: very big. Nice to have been part of the good old days...

Chuck

S
specialk0082
Troutski said:
I remember those days...there are also some very big Carp in the back pond:shock: very big. Nice to have been part of the good old days...

Chuck
lol yep that's what my bro say's, he keeps telling me to go back there and fish for crappie, he siad it fun, he told me that he cought a fish back there back in the day and i forget ehat he told me but it sounded like some type of salmon,baaack n the day,i got to fish that spot once before they close the back and got rid of the factory

S
specialk0082
about 2 years ago

about 2 years ago

about 2 years ago i talked to a guy that owned his bass shop and he sound like he knew a lot of info about that pond and he said that they're selling it and that it's open but they have that fence around that building so pretty much he sayen they own the land but not the pond yet somthing like that, and there's orcherd behind conecting to tthe pond that somebody owns so if u think about it there's acouple of people that own land around it but not sure if they own the pond.today i went there today to chek things out and some company aluminum somthing own's the building that on the pond and there's was some dude's on a bass boat it looked like and the fence was closed that's mest up i dont know how they can do that they should atleast have a list that people can put their name on to fish it or smthing i found a number on the fence i'm gona call them and c what i can come up wit some info

T
TTFishon
specialk0082 said:
about 2 years ago i talked to a guy that owned his bass shop and he sound like he knew a lot of info about that pond and he said that they're selling it and that it's open but they have that fence around that building so pretty much he sayen they own the land but not the pond yet somthing like that, and there's orcherd behind conecting to tthe pond that somebody owns so if u think about it there's acouple of people that own land around it but not sure if they own the pond.today i went there today to chek things out and some company aluminum somthing own's the building that on the pond and there's was some dude's on a bass boat it looked like and the fence was closed that's mest up i dont know how they can do that they should atleast have a list that people can put their name on to fish it or smthing i found a number on the fence i'm gona call them and c what i can come up wit some info

I tried going there last year but someone that was working there told me to leave and that it was private property.

R
RIVERFISHER
specialk0082 said:
about 5 months ago i tryed to sweet talk the owner into letting friend and i fish back there but he didn't all for it..but u can fish the front ballenger pond.. that has huge bass in it..

R
RIVERFISHER
specialk0082 said:
lol I know what pond ur talken about i fish it all the time last year,i know a lot history about that pond,im 26 and I have a older bro and he told me that that pond has some big fish when he was younger,its acutally three ponds kinda hooked together but the back pond the one u want to fish, but it is fenced off thats the spot where theeee baaas got caught,its next to a building that use to be monaco when monaco owned it they use to stock that pond just for the emplyee i cuaght a 17inch trout out of that back pond where the bass got cuaght, when monaco use to be open. i heard you can fish back there but u need a be on a list thats what i heard but i c people sneaken n there all the time, but me i fish on the fisrt pond right next to it, it's open but where i put my pontooon in is on the building grage property but i have permission to fish on that on alteast i did gona go back real soon if u want i'll show u,always looken for a fishen buddy lol by the way i fish on a pontoon its the best pond for a pontoon or small boat, hope this helps u out if u need any info hit me up good luck

all those pond are actually connected to the river also.... the river feeds into them....

S
specialk0082
RIVERFISHER said:
all those pond are actually connected to the river also.... the river feeds into them....
i've been in the back of the pond, back n the day and sneaked n there 2years ago I dont remeber the river flowen n there but the third pond or the back pond some people call it thats the spot where the state record got cuaght,i fish the open pond last year all the tme and caught a lot of fish but nothing too big whats the best time to go to the first pond????

D
Dichrofisher
Oh the good ole days. That first pond is where I met Troutski and the Beast! Clear bobbers and Bi-Mart flies. As soon as I got home from school I 'd take the bike down. Great memories. And the cutthroats, oh my.

Troutski
Troutski
The beast...

The beast...

Dichrofisher said:
Oh the good ole days. That first pond is where I met Troutski and the Beast! Clear bobbers and Bi-Mart flies. As soon as I got home from school I 'd take the bike down. Great memories. And the cutthroats, oh my.

Wow - that is a blast from the past. The Beast... fun times.

Chuck

M
mikeredding
OK everyone, here is the truth.

OK everyone, here is the truth.

I know these ponds and know them well. I worked for Blue Water Boats which was the original owner of the sheet metal building and the back ponds. These ponds have been private since Major Durrand bought the property in the late 80's and built the boat company. The first pond is Ballangers and has always been open to the public and still is to this day.

There is no legal access to the back ponds. Some of you think this is unfair but it is reality. Put yourself in the owners shoes. Would you let people all over your property? Leaving trash everywhere and the liability of somebody drowning.

There are good fish in Ballangers but can be a challenge to catch due to the pressure they get. Be persistent.

And PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TRASH. This place is becoming a real eye sore. If it continues I would not be surprised to se Ballengers close it to the public.

T
TTFishon
mikeredding said:
I know these ponds and know them well. I worked for Blue Water Boats which was the original owner of the sheet metal building and the back ponds. These ponds have been private since Major Durrand bought the property in the late 80's and built the boat company. The first pond is Ballangers and has always been open to the public and still is to this day.

There is no legal access to the back ponds. Some of you think this is unfair but it is reality. Put yourself in the owners shoes. Would you let people all over your property? Leaving trash everywhere and the liability of somebody drowning.

There are good fish in Ballangers but can be a challenge to catch due to the pressure they get. Be persistent.

And PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TRASH. This place is becoming a real eye sore. If it continues I would not be surprised to se Ballengers close it to the public.

I know if it was mine I'd close it to the public.

S
specialk0082
TTFishon said:
I know if it was mine I'd close it to the public.
dude if was mine i would open to the public pass it to the younger fishen generation that spot wasn't always closed and many people learn how to fish at that spot i did thats all im sayen that it would be nice to pass it on to the younger people, give them a chance to fish and learn how to fish and thats a perfct spot, but i am talken about respncble people that are safe and pick up their crap

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
specialk0082 said:
dude if was mine i would open to the public pass it to the younger fishen generation that spot wasn't always closed and many people learn how to fish at that spot i did thats all im sayen that it would be nice to pass it on to the younger people, give them a chance to fish and learn how to fish and thats a perfct spot, but i am talken about respncble people that are safe and pick up their crap

The problem is that people are disrespectful and not responsible.

S
specialk0082
TTFishon said:
The problem is that people are disrespectful and not responsible.
ur right but, not all people,i was just thinken out loud,it would be awsome if they had a waiting list

T
TTFishon
specialk0082 said:
ur right but, not all people,i was just thinken out loud,it would be awsome if they had a waiting list

That would be cool or charge people to fish there. There are places that charge people 300 to 500 bucks a year to fish there waters. I don't know if I'd pay that much but I'm sure someone would.

S
specialk0082
TTFishon said:
That would be cool or charge people to fish there. There are places that charge people 300 to 500 bucks a year to fish there waters. I don't know if I'd pay that much but I'm sure someone would.
wow that's crazy 300 to 500 better be some gold in that fishen hole lol, where are those place's at????????

D
Drew9870
specialk0082 said:
wow that's crazy 300 to 500 better be some gold in that fishen hole lol, where are those place's at????????

Spinicker Point in between Walter Wirth and Walling Pond, the Grey and Blue building with the blue gate surrounding it. I had a friend who would lend me the key and give me permission to fish it, I watched a 6lb bass get landed out of there, and my dad says he knew a guy that went scuba diving in it, and the guy said he had never seen bass so big.

O
Outdrsmn
I grew up on 56th within walking distance from these ponds. Back when all three ponds were open. They have some big bass in them. There is also a slough back through the orchard that use to have bass in them. There are also catfish in those ponds and nice sized trout in the back one. It is a shame you can;t fish the back one anymore.