Anyone fished Munsel Lake?

M
morningsmith
My family rented a house on Munsel Lake for a vacation this summer and I'm wondering if anyone has fished there and knows what kind of fish are there. I'll have my raft with me so I won't be limited to the shore access from the house. Any info is greatly appreciated!

H
hawgslayer
Are you talking about Munsel lake in Florence? If so there's plenty of planted trout, and a decent amount of large mouth bass. No special techniques needed just your typical planter set ups, or bass worms and top water plugs. Good Luck !!!

Troutski
Troutski
Perch... mega sized Perch !!!

Chuck

M
morningsmith
Troutski said:
Perch... mega sized Perch !!!

Chuck

Any particular location they hang out in? Never fished for perch before, what do they like to bite on?

Troutski
Troutski
There is a finger just north of the boat launch, after the homes are finished on the left side. I floated a bobber with a worm, once you find the proper depth it is great fun... the smiles will last forever..
Best of luck and tight lines.

Chuck

T
TJR_84
Great lake i fish it every year, also right next door is Mercer lake Also another great lake, Lots of bass and good size trout. TONS OF PERCH!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

F
flocaster
Troutski said:
There is a finger just north of the boat launch, after the homes are finished on the left side. I floated a bobber with a worm, once you find the proper depth it is great fun... the smiles will last forever..
Best of luck and tight lines.

Chuck

This is one of the best spots on the entire lake. Not just for perch either...I caught a 22" rainbow trout in that exact spot 2 years ago. We were fishing inflated nightcrawlers off the bottom, just outside the heavy weeds. Hope that helps you a little. Be sure to let us k.ow how you do

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
we fish it a lot for trout as it is very close to us, often no other boats out (especially on weekdays), and it has a couple mating pairs of Osprey that are usually fishing and great fun to watch...

lots of trout, including a bunch of larger ones, put in there earlier this year and trolling for them was very good in April and early May. more recently, the shore/bait anglers seem to be still catching a few but the trout have not been hitting the normal trolling gear on our last several outings there. surface water temp last Saturday was about 67F.

note: they do plant Coho in Munsel and there is no retention of any salmon allowed in Munsel, so any salmon of any size must be released unharmed.

the other fish species are probably your best bet the rest of this year...cheers,roger