Any reports from Antelope Flats Res.

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Now that the Century Drive lakes ( and Diamond ) have closed for the season, I'm thinking about hitting Antelope this weekend. Anyone fished it recently? Thanks.

troutdude
troutdude
My buddies and I did well back in late June/early July. I'd think it would be red hot, with winter looming.

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Well, I went Saturday. Fishing was slow to fair, but what the fish lacked in quantity, they made up for in quality.

Bigger one was 21" 3.75# Smaller one 15"

• AntFlat01.jpg
  • AntBows2.jpg
troutdude
troutdude
No_Bad_Skunks said:
Well, I went Saturday. Fishing was slow to fair, but what the fish lacked in quantity, they made up for in quality. Bigger one was 21" 3.75# Smaller one 15"

Yep. The trout up there are quite nice for sure. Beautiful area too. I got 3 18.5 inchers, and one just a hair short of 19" last summer. And they were FAT. I had no scale, but my guess was they were pushing 4 pounds.

Glad to see that your efforts paid OFF. Sure hope that you didn't drive all of the way from Portland, and back, in one day! :p

1 nut in the water
Sweet! We smoked and then canned the fish we got up there this summer. Thinking of heading up there friday for a weekend of fishing, camping and freezing........

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
@troutdude

LOL! Even I'm not that crazy. No, I hit Round Lake, over by Suttle on Sunday. Disappointing. They stocked 'bows in there this year, so all I managed were about three Cutts, ( biggest was 16", and very slim-bodied )

@1 nut in the water. It will be freezing.

Last edited: