Any luck on the Willamette in the Eugene/ Springfield area?

R
Reel Technician
Just curious if anyone is having any luck yet in the area. I know they are here:)

T
taconight2night
I'm not an expert, but judging by the count of summer steelhead over Willamette Falls, there should only be a few hundred fish that could potentially be in our area right now. Not sure if that is enough fish to have much of a shot at them, but I could be wrong. I think I'll wait until there are at least 2000 or so over the falls before I put too much energy into it... good luck out there!

D
DrTheopolis
Not too much going on in the Lower Willy tribs yet, so I'm guessing (and I do mean "guessing") that there isn't much going on above the Falls yet.

C_Run
C_Run
I saw guys plunking in the Santiam two weeks ago when I was passing on the freeway. I guess they were pretty optimistic.

I
Iki Jime
I was practicing my drift fishing technique with a trout rod when my friend hooked into one that he thought was about 6 lbs. That was just below the Dexter dam on the Middle Fork. It was bright chrome and cleared water several times before snapping his leader off.

We were out there for a couple of hours, catching planters until he hooked that one. It's the only one that I heard about yesterday.

jamisonace
jamisonace
People are catching a few in the combat zone. Not enough in the river for me to bother. I won't fish at Dexter.

R
Reel Technician
Thanks for all the input! I dont really like to combat fish there at dexter dam. But I do keep finding my self ending my spot hopping up the middle fork until I get to the dam. I talked to another local and he's seen a handful pulled out at the dam in the last week. I hope to see some willamette chrome pics soon on here. Again, thanks for all the advice. Tight lines!:thumb:

C
coyo7e
I've seen a few guys who drove their trucks out onto the gravel bar at Delta Gravel under beltline recently, wished I had time to go get a hook wet but I'm in the middle of closing on selling my house and taking a full complement of college courses.. I wistfully think of going fishin most days - for about 3 seconds before I remember that I need to call a title company or work on a writing project. :(

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I floated the lower Mac yesterday trout fishing and we saw 5 liquid chrome steelies. One was a toad! We were not even looking for them until towards the end of our float. They are starting to show!

T
TheBigFoote
I've fished dexter dam for the last week, I have seen two steelhead pulled out that were on the skinny side on corkies. Went this morning and the water is really moving, no salmon or steelhead landed, caught two trout walking back through that trail that leads back along the river.

T
taconight2night
I've hooked a few steelhead on the Mac in the past few days. They are in there in fishable numbers :thumb:

D
DrTheopolis
The counts at the Falls haven't been updated in about a week -- which often means there's tons of fish going over. But I can't say for sure. What I can say, is that there's a super-secret tributary of the Willy that dumps in a little below the Falls that seems to have gotten a ton of summers coming in over the last couple of weeks. Can't find a springer in said tributary to save my life, though. Might have to hit up a super-secret hole upstream on that super-secret trib which has occasionally been known to hold a bunch of springers.