Am I on the right track?

L
Logger707
im new to the yarn ball thing,how do these look to you,color,size,etc. I would really appreciate some feedback

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Not bad for your first try, maybe a bit big. Try some closer to the size of a nickle. Your choice of colors is pretty good, but remember your only limit on colors is in your imagination. Darker colors work too, so don't stick with just lighter colors. I know the guys have more opinions than I do...

L
Logger707
Ill cut them back a bit,wasn't really sure,those colors are the only I have for now,ive had it sittin around for awhile and I figured id give it a shot

S
skunk
Might be big, but I've caught them on that size.

K
Kevinb5688
That was the first thing i tried 4 years ago when i first started steelhead fishing. Lol. I caught a few fish on them but i always did better with corkie and yarn or a jig. On some days though thats all they would hit.
The two great things about them are
1. They hold scent great.
2. Fish bite and because its softer they hold on longer.

W
waco
Not bad, not bad, try diferent colors and sizes, I like mine a little smaller but I have seen my buddy getting fish on bigger ones( one quarter size)

P
plumb2fish
You can save yourself a step by tying what I learned as a double bait loop and making the "yarnie" already attached to the shank of the hook and having the benefit of being able to top it off with a dab of bait if so desired...

L
Logger707
plumb2fish said:
You can save yourself a step by tying what I learned as a double bait loop and making the "yarnie" already attached to the shank of the hook and having the benefit of being able to top it off with a dab of bait if so desired...

I like that idea

H
halibuthitman
you need some peach yellow/red and also a few clown eggs... they look good-

L
Logger707
Thanks for the advise,ill give it a try

brandon4455
brandon4455
peach peach peach peach and peach!!! did i already mention the color peach? thats a good one :lol:

L
Logger707
Do you think peach is a color worth tryin?

H
halibuthitman
nah.. what kinda fish would each a peach.. ive personaly never tried even casting a whole peach.... sounds hard. lol

Reactions: brandon4455
R
rippin fish lips
plumb2fish said:

So effective on steelies if done right! If you have salmon roe juice, stick em in that and toss em!