Alton Baker trout fishing

G
grampa ron
Alton Baker Trout

Alton Baker Trout

All I use is a black nymph, size 12 or 14 with an indicator. I use the same fly in for trout in any of ponds.
I C&R a couple limits today at JC Pond.

F
FishSlayer420
I love that place for a nice evening fish after work its just a stones throw away for me it just nice to sit and relax regardless if i catch anything.I like the clear bobber with that black nymph with some float em catch the hell out of the bluegill in the ponds with that fly too.

B
Boywhofishes
headin out tot eh pond this evening... anyone else goin? :D

M
mspadd
i was out there, down by the dump tube. Landed about a 2lbs bass and a little trout:dance:

S
Stoods
Hi Everyone ~

So I've lived in Springfield for about three years and finally made it out to the canoe canal / pond the other day for the first time. Put in the canoe and fished until dusk - mostly at the pond. Heron stood guard most of the time, which was pretty amazing. Caught three trout - two good sized, one lil' guy. I was using advice that I read here previously - a small, silver spoon with a tiny powerbait "maggot" on the end.

I'm not sure where the "dump tube" is - I've been putting in at the Autzen canoe landing and heading away from the chute. Can someone key me in?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard

Stoods said:
Hi Everyone ~

So I've lived in Springfield for about three years and finally made it out to the canoe canal / pond the other day for the first time. Put in the canoe and fished until dusk - mostly at the pond. Heron stood guard most of the time, which was pretty amazing. Caught three trout - two good sized, one lil' guy. I was using advice that I read here previously - a small, silver spoon with a tiny powerbait "maggot" on the end.

I'm not sure where the "dump tube" is - I've been putting in at the Autzen canoe landing and heading away from the chute. Can someone key me in?

Stoods;
Welcome to OFF,you already know your way around and that we don't hesitate to help each other. Make yourself at home and enjoy. I can't OFFer any advice or information on the "dump tube",but I'm sure someone will.
Be safe.
Barb

B
Boywhofishes
were you there yesterday?...if so i definitely saw you...

S
Stoods
If you saw some guy fishing in a red canoe, it was me :D

F
FishSlayer420
The "Dump Tube" is across from Kowloon the chinese restaurant.

C
coyo7e
How's the wading in the pond/canal? I am horribly out of practise to flyfish with all the brush on the banks of the pond and I've relegated myself to mostly baitcasting around in there.. I live directly on the other side of the river from the pond and canals though so I should be over there every darn night! :confused:

C
coyo7e
Went to the Alton Baker pond this evening around 6ish, fished with a bobber eggs and powerbait for a couple hours until a pretty heavy showing of bugs came out (sorry couldn't identify them, they were dark and had big dark wings) and the fish that were still in the pond started jumping a tad.

As the sun set farther there were a few more fish jumping and I suspect that if I'd've stayed to dark they would have been jumping around pretty often.

One other person fishing in a yellow pontoon boat, using spinners it looked like. He took off about 30-45 minutes before the fish started getting frisky but neither of us caught anything while I was there tonight. Had a good time though.

C
coyo7e
Leaburg Hatchery will be stocking today, I think it was 750 and 175, respectively. Call them yourself if you want more specifics. :D

Last edited:
A
a_fishing_duck
No Luck

No Luck

I have gone out to the canal the last few days, went once tuesday and twice wednesday and had no luck.

I was using power eggs for a while then I switched to a thomas lure and still didn't even get a bite.

Any advice?

H
Hooked on fishin'
a_fishing_duck said:
I have gone out to the canal the last few days, went once tuesday and twice wednesday and had no luck.

I was using power eggs for a while then I switched to a thomas lure and still didn't even get a bite.

Any advice?

I never catch anything there either, i think you have to be there when they stock. I did manage to hook a tiny fish on a single pautzke egg. I think it was a baby shad...not really sure, was about two inches long. I have tried everything there, kastmasters, thomas, blue fox, eggs, and powerbait. Funny, I catch fish everywhere else on ALL those things but nothing at Alton Baker.

A
a_fishing_duck
Hooked on fishin' said:
I never catch anything there either, i think you have to be there when they stock. I did manage to hook a tiny fish on a single pautzke egg. I think it was a baby shad...not really sure, was about two inches long. I have tried everything there, kastmasters, thomas, blue fox, eggs, and powerbait. Funny, I catch fish everywhere else on ALL those things but nothing at Alton Baker.

I don't know what the deal is, I went the day they stocked and I went again last night and this morning, all with no luck.

It is weird because I caught 12 fish total after 3 straight days of fishing there off powerbait.

H
Hooked on fishin'
a_fishing_duck said:
I don't know what the deal is, I went the day they stocked and I went again last night and this morning, all with no luck.

It is weird because I caught 12 fish total after 3 straight days of fishing there off powerbait.

that is weird, powerbait usually ALWAYS works. I keep telling myself I am not going to fish there anymore, but I always end up going because its sooo close, especially when I am low on gas!:)

H
Hooked on fishin'
decided to see if I could kill the Alton Baker skunk... no dice... kastmaster, panther martin, power eggs and power bait= no bites. No one else fishin was seeing any action either. I saw one fish jump that is all. I got there by 6:30 am and fished until nine or so, figured two and a half hours of nothing at all was enough!

W
womanwhofishes
I dropped OFF scottishsmokedsalmon around noon today , he says there stocking today.. have to pick him up soon :pray:

W
womanwhofishes
he was by kowloons at the pipe he got a nibble no takers and he got asked by a cop for his fishing license says he snuck up on him..
I said there like that...:rolleyes: but he said others that was there got some and they was using shrimp flavored power bait :think:
story of our life's....

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Calling all Skunk Slayers!!

Calling all Skunk Slayers!!

:doh: I'm tellin' ya,there's a herd of them thar stinkers roaming the lakes,rivers,creeks,ponds and mud puddles in these here parts! :wall: Time to round up the Skunk Slayers in your area and slay the dirt bags! :mad: Now,get out there and slay those skunks!!! :protest: