5 Stars for Captains Reel Deep Sea Fishing in Newport

O
OregonNative
DSCN0534.jpgI read good reviews about Captain's Reel from this website, so I booked a Salmon/Rock Fishing trip for my brother, a friend of his, my wife and myself about 6 weeks in advance. Two days before our trip my brother's friend had to cancel - no issues at all, I was very pleased (Star 1).

There were a total of six fisherman (and fisherlady - my wife) in the boat. Salmon fishing for the month of July has been poor to none, but before long the boat quickly slowed down, and Captain Jerald and Deck Hand Steve were scrambling to get lines in the water - they found some salmon, which is better than most this year (Star 2). Soon after that the first fish was on - a nice Chinook, but it came off right at the boat. After a while we boated 3 or 4 more Coho, but had to let them go because they were not fin clipped. But we are catching Salmon in what has thus far been a pretty sad season for most others! (Star 3). Then the next two Coho are fin clipped and just happened to be landed by my wife (HER FIRST SALMON!:clap:) and my brother. We are taking salmon home! (Star 4). We boated a few more more salmon and lost another one or two hookups before it was time to change gears an do some rock fishing.

Rock fishing has been ok this month, but was spotty for most - only occasional limits. But Captain Jerald came through and found the good spots again! After a couple of hours fishing we all had our limits of Sea Bass and one Ling Cod! (Star 5) On our way back we pick up a crab pot loaded with crabs for one of the others. Then it's back to port even a little early. Fish are all quickly filleted at a very reasonable price.

A great trip. I'll come back again, maybe for Tuna next year! I'd give more stars, but five is the limit on the rating. And I would give them five stars even if the catching wasn't as good as it was for us. After all, it is a fishing trip - no guarantees on catching.:D

Reactions: cowboysfan
B
BobbiDollPDX
OregonNative said:
A great trip. I'll come back again, maybe for Tuna next year! I'd give more stars, but five is the limit on the rating. And I would give them five stars even if the catching wasn't as good as it was for us. After all, it is a fishing trip - no guarantees on catching.:D

I've done Tuna, Halibut and Rock Fishing with Captain Jerald. And just like you, I rate based on the entire experience. I love these guys. I'll be on the Enterprise with Captain Dave first weekend of August for tuna. He is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

I've never been disappointed, even when we went out with them just to watch fireworks on the 4th.

Very glad you had fun and tell your wife that's a great fish!

C
cowboysfan
sounds like you all had a great time, that salmon is going to be killer!

S
SeanC
Glad you had a good time. And congrats to your wife. I hope you have a good tuna trip with them. My experiance with them was not so great.

J
jabs67
:clap::clap::dance::dance: