Wilson River water levels

Anatoliy

Admin

Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service - Wilson River water levels near Tillamook.

Last edited:

Anatoliy

Admin
So what level is good & what is bad to fish Wilson river? Would someone explain to a beginner how to use the chart?

DriftOR

So what level is good & what is bad to fish Wilson river? Would someone explain to a beginner how to use the chart?
It depends on where your fishing. I drift from Mills Bridge to Sollie and I don't really like to fish it unless its under 5.5. But if our bank fishing you can fish higher up on the river when the gauge height is much higher.

Casting Call

I normally fish at 600 to 900 cfs, depending on what direction rise or fall. Hope this helps someone. The tug is the drug

Grandpa Don

My fishing friend, anytime is a good time to fish the Wilson. I have been fishing it for 50 year's and I have caught fish when everyone else stayed home. Any day on the Wilson is a Great Day!!!

OnTheDrop

TYPO! 6000 to 9000 cfs. Sorry everyone. Tony
6-9000 CFS on the Wilson. You do know that it's blown at that point, right? Lol.

The South Fork will fish when nothing else will. But the main river doesn't really start to fish until it drops down to 6.2 and that's fast water fishing.

Last edited:
My fishing friend, anytime is a good time to fish the Wilson. I have been fishing it for 50 year's and I have caught fish when everyone else stayed home. Any day on the Wilson is a Great Day!!!
I wanna go fishin' with you Grandpa...50 years of experience says you can find them at any level!!

Casting Call

S--K What do you think the water flow is up HIGH on the wilson when the the gauge readings DOWN low are at 6-9K? Ever known the SF to be blown? lol! Tony.......Welcome aboard Grandpa Don. Lets fish it soon.

OnTheDrop

Little early for 'hot' but it will have decent levels. The rivers that see more early fish have the potential to be pretty good...

DrTheopolis

If you're going strictly by levels, the weekend looks awesome. But I'll defer to the guy that fishes it every day ^^^^^^^^. Run timing always varies -- some Decembers can be pretty hot, but usually the bulk starts showing up a couple of weeks from now... plus the river has likely been pretty cold, which slows them down.

But as Owin on Outdoor GPS always says "Hey Portland people... there's more than one river on the North Coast."

There's another river with a highway running alongside it that usually gets a decent shot of early hatchery fish (maybe even a couple of them).

Anatoliy

Admin
DrTheopolis;n600674 said:
There's another river with a highway running alongside it that usually gets a decent shot of early hatchery fish (maybe even a couple of them).
It starts with Al and ends with sea? )

DrTheopolis

I was thinking more North Coast... a couple of them might start with a N and end with an M. One of them is even two words. And they're both super-secret. And neither particularly friendly to drift boats.